16: im always here for you

-------♤-------

"Are you sure you're okay?" - Jungkook asked me while holding me in his hands.

I passed out during my presentation in French class.

The teacher told me to wash my face and Jungkook went with me.

"Yes, I am." I said as I wiped the water off my face with a tissue.

"Y/n, I think we need to see a doctor. This is not the first time happening to you this week." - he said as he caressed my back.

"No, I'm fine." - I said and made my way back to the classroom.

When I was only 8 and he was 10, both our families had an accident, and after being held in the hospital, they passed away.

We didn't have any relatives to take care of us so we've lived on our own ever since.

We still live together, in a small apartment in Seoul, and go to the same school. Jungkook was the only one who was there for me, after everything that's happened in our lives.

He was my brother, my mom and dad, and he was also my best friend. He took care of me and himself at such a young age.

"What will happen with the presentation?" - I said, not caring for my situation but the grade.

"The teacher will take care of it. And I already told her we're going home, so let's go." - he grabbed my hand but I refused. I still had many classes to take and my finals were here so that was my priority.

"You know it too well that you can't compete with me in this." - he lifted me up and carried me to the car.

I needed to get a degree and I wouldn't do it on time with this nonsense.

It was nothing, I was fine.

Passing out a few times this week was totally normal for me. I was probably low on iron in blood or something.

I sat on the front seat with my hands crossed on my chest.

"Did you really had to drive home? I still have tons of classes and I need to get a good grade!" - I raised my voice at him without realizing. He parked the car in the garage and
I got off.

"Don't you know me, Y/n? I've been taking care of you ever since we were little. I know everything about you. How you feel, what you do, your habits, basically everything. And I know you're stubborn, I know you want to get a degree so you can save both of us and we can live happily. But I also know that I am more stubborn than you, and you have to listen to me.

"Ugh." - I rolled my eyes and got inside our apartment.

"Now, put on some pyjamas and sit here while I go to the grocery store and get some good food with proteins. We're having a movie night." - he said and I chuckled in annoyance.

"Yeah right, movie night with healthy instead of junk food, how fun." - I said and jumped on the couch.

"Do as I say if you wanna get better and you can study for the exams." - he pinched my cheek and left the house.

"I love and respect you, but I can't listen to you on this. I still have exams to pass." - I said to myself and got upstairs to my bedroom.

I put on the pyjamas like he told me, and then I put books on my desk. I knew I had to pass, and for that to happen I had to study. I was an excellent student but always insecure about my grades.

I was always stressed before any test, even though at the end I had the best grade in class. Jungkook wasn't a bad student, either.

The first exam I had this week was math, and that was the most problematic one for me. I hated it, but my goal was to be great at it so i can provide a better future for me and Jungkook.