:III:

He's now sitting in the chair across from me with the smuggest look of them all. He just doesn't know how bad I wanna punch the shit outta him but he tryin me with this smug shit.

I finally get myself together, and I begin our appointment. "Hi, I'm Dr. Union and I'll be asessing through your portfolio after I gather-"

"Bri, stop talking like that. You can relax, I'm not here for an actual appointment."

"Then what do you want? I've got other clients."

"I just wanted to talk to you. You haven't returned any of my phone calls and haven't tried calling in a while. What did I do?"

"You know exactly what you did."

"Bri, I'm sorry okay? I had to because of the pressure my dad was putting on me for his business and-"

"So you just had to not invite me to the most important moment of your life. Harry, you got married!" I yell at him. He looks down at his hands as if he's ashamed of what he did, and to be honest, I'm still pissed about what he did to me.

Yeah, I decided to move on from our relationship, but he could've at least invited me. I had to find out from a damn Facebook post on Des' account.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Why did you come all the way to Mississippi to tell me this?"

"Because, like I said, you weren't answering anything of mine. And that's not the only thing I've gotten to tell you."

"What is it? Oh God, you got her pregnant-"

"No! No, I just- I had to tell you that-promise you won't freak out." He tells me, and I roll my eyes and nod at him to continue. "Well, my wife-Lorin-wanted to relocate to a more family friendly place so that we could start a family I guess, and knowing that you grew up here in this town, I just thought it would be best-"

"No, you're not moving to Starkville." I cut him off.

"Well I kind of don't have a choice." He looks up at me with a worried grimace.

"What do you mean? Of course you have a choice! Go somewhere else, Oxford, Ripley, something!" I start to get a bit loud with him, and he shakes his head.

"Bri, we've already bought a house out here."

At that moment, I couldn't do anything but just sit there and look to the floor. I can hear him get up and walk towards me, but I signal for him not to touch me by putting my hands up.

"I'll just see my way out, but I'm really sorry. I should've talked to you before doing this. But, I'm gonna love annoying you again." I can hear the smirk in his voice and I can't help to throw a pen at him. He chuckles but I don't see shit funny.

The door opens and closes, and I hear the front door bells chime. I finally let out a breath of air I didn't know I was holding in.

Of course this starts happening when I'm happy where I'm at.