.XXVIX.

"What's wrong? Where you going?" I ask, sitting up.

"My dad. He's in the hospital. They said he tried to kill himself."

...

"Jesus, why would he want to do that?!" I rush, sitting up and getting out of the bed. Harry ignores me, and just keeps walking out the house.

I follow him to his car and we get in, and he drives to the hospital without saying a word.

He seems very anxious, and I lay my head against the window until he starts walking.

"I think you should probably go stay with him, at least until he's in a better state of mind."

"What?!" I say, confusedly but angrily at the same time. "I'm not leaving my school."

"You know what, I shouldn't have brought it up right now. We'll talk about it more when we get to the house." He sighs.

"Damn right we will."

"Pardon?"

"Nothing."I sit up and stare straight ahead.

"Yeah, that's what I thought."

We pull up to the hospital and tell the people at the desk that we're family, and she let's us through after giving me a skeptical look.

Well I guess I don't look like family that much, compared to Harry's pale ass skin and British accent and my darker shade of skin and American accent.

We go to Des' room, and knock before entering.

He's sitting there, on his hospital bed as he has a couple tranquilizers and IVs hooked to him. He has a bandage on the side of his head, that makes me question his motives on this whole thing.

Harry's the first one to speak.

"Dad, what the fuck were you thinking?" Is all he can say after lookin at his dad, and Des rolls over on his side and looks at me and him standing side by side.

"I need to talk to my stepdaughter, alone."

Harry's rolls his eyes and as he's walking out, he stops and gently grabs my arm.

"Are you fine being in here with him?"

"Yeah, I'm good."

Harry nods and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him.

"Sit down, Bri. I have a lot to tell you."

"You should really be telling whatever you have to tell me to your son, he's blood after all."

"Yes, I suppose. But you have more to do with your mum than him, don't you?" He asks, and I nod slowly. "Well alright then. I need to start from the beginning."

"Well, when I met your mother, she was around your age. 23 I believe. We had started talking to each other, and she and I became inseparable. Then I found out that she had a 7 year old daughter, which is you, and that your father had walked out on you when you were born. I decided that I wanted to move this gorgeous young lady into my home, and we'd get married. We had been married for 10 years, until she passed away." He sighs before looking me in my eyes. "Brianna, you're mother meant the world to me. The reason why I cheated on her was because I was stupid. I couldn't handle all of the love that she gave to me, so I needed extra lust from other females. Melissa was and still will be the love of my life, and after she died, I lost a whole part of me. See the reason why I gave you up to Harry for custody was because of how much you look like her, and how much you two are alike. I couldn't grieve with you there, because I knew that I'd be way too heartbroken, or worse, I would've taken advantage of you."

I've gone soft for him by now, and I can feel my eyes watering at the mention of my mother. I haven't really talked about her ever since her death, but I do miss her.

I knew it would hurt to reminisce on all the good times we had together and how we were inseparable, so I guess I did other things to keep her off of my mind.

"So, when I saw you earlier, I didn't know how to react. I honestly thought you were your mother. You looked just like her, and it made me feel like I needed to be with her again. So, I got my pistol and shot myself in the head. My maid found me, and I was unconscious. I had barely missed my brain, so that shows that those bloody hunting lessons went to shit." He chuckles, and I sniff with a little laugh.

I don't think I've ever had a full conversation like this with him before, and it's honestly so nice.

We talk some more about how my school year's going, and how his company is doing. He says that he wants to fly me and Harry out to New York this Christmas, and I'm down for it.

"Bri, I'm glad we got to catch up. Oh, before I forget, may I see my son please?"

"Yeah sure. I'll give y'all some time alone." I tell him, and he nods in appreciation.

I walk outside to get Harry, and he's sitting in the chair beside Des' room and once he sees me he stands up.

"You two must've had a lot to catch up on for me to be out here for a bloody hour." He says, rubbing his eyes and I chuckle.

"Yeah, but we're good now. He wants to speak with you though." I ruffle his hair out a bit. He rolls his eyes and trudges into the room, and closes the door behind him.

A/N

Should I publish a chapter in Harry's POV for him and Des' conversation, or in Des POV?

Lemme know you guys!

Love,
B