.XXX.

"Hello, Harry."

I was really dreading this talk that we were about to have, dealing with Brianna. I knew it would happen one day, sooner or later.

But I didn't know that day would be today.

"Hello, father."

"Someone's in a bitchy attitude, aren't they? Now, son, did you tell her?"

I scratch my head. "Well, I tried in the car on the way over here. But she completely freaked."

"I gave you a month, Harry. You're just being a procrastinator." He scoffs, and I sigh.

"I don't want her to leave, though. I love her."

"Son, you need to let her go sooner or later. She's gonna move out once she hits 18 anyway. And I was afraid that you two would get close as brother and sister while she was there."

"You just don't know."

See, he might think it's a "brother-sister" type relationship going on here, but it's far from that. Bri is someone that I want to make love to, kiss on her plump lips, cook for her, just have her presence around me. I have come to terms that I may love this young lady, and that it would take a lot for me to get over that. But, it has to happen. She has to go, or both of our lives will be ruined. That's the only reason I agreed to having her move in with him after her prom.

"Well, that's all I had to talk about with you. Go tell my girl about her new living accommodations." He shoos me off.

He's being more of a father to her than he ever was to me. What the actual fuck?

———

"Bri, come here for a bit!" I yell from downstairs, and take a seat on the sofa.

She glides down the stairs on her tippy toes, hair bouncing up and down and so is her braless chest in that crop tank top.

She looks at me and sits in one of the loveseats, pulling the blanket over her body from the top of the chair. "What's up."

I gulp hard before speaking. "Remember what I was talking about earlier, in the car?"

"Yes." She's biting her lip now, anxious to hear what I have to say next. "What about it?"

"Well, me and dad have decided that you should move after your prom."

There's a long pause of silence, and I'm just waiting for her response.

Then she cocks her head to the right, and looks at me as if I lost my damn mind.

"Nigga, you buggin. The fuck you talm bout some moving after prom?" She asked, and now she's standing up.

Oh God, I remember her mom being like this whenever she found out my dad cheated or did some dumb shit.

"Okay Bri, calm down. I know you're upset but-"

"And I like how y'all discussed this shit behind my back. How long have you been planning this shit?"

"Well," I start off, knowing she wasn't going to like this. "This was the plan ever since you moved in."

She takes a deep breath in, and then gets up to leave and head upstairs. I have to get up and stop her. "Wait, Bri, I didn't know that I'd get close to you like this! I just wanted to get you out of here before we started to do stuff together, and-"

She turns around, looking at me with narrowed eyes."You know what, now I'm really starting to think that all you wanted me for was as a quick reliever to your hard ons. I was stupid to think you actually cared about me."

"Brianna, I-" I try to touch her but she jerks away, running up the stairs.

Only if she knew how I felt.