Tell Me Pretty Lies

Start from the beginning

"Girl omg." Kate rolls her eyes.

"Don't omg me!" I nudge her.

"You don't know the first thing about racing!" She screeches.

"So I'll learn!" I say.

"How?" Kate says.

"Savvy...." I give her puppy eyes.

"Oh no... no no no no." She shakes her head.

"Come on!" I beg.

"No way." She shakes her head again.

"Listen but you're all I have right now! It's not like I can ask Jonah?!" I squeal.

"How am I supposed to just magically teach you how to race? Besides, I'm leaving in two days." She says.

"And what if you stayed? Come on it's summer why are you in a rush anyway?" I beg.

"Annika..." Savvy glares at me.

"Please please please!" I pout.

"Ugh... you know what fine. I'll stay for two more weeks until the race." She says and I jump over, hugging her and knocking her over.

"You're the best." I screech.

"Okay starting tomorrow we'll practice." She says.

We started today though, cause we got bored. We took the mustang Jonah gave me and went to this underground tunnel. Savvy said that's where she used to practice before she moved. She helped me practice acceleration for now.

"Your foot should already be ready when they say go. You gun it, drop it to the floor, just go for it. Don't be scared of the car." She explains.

"Got it." I nod and try it again.

"Give me an A! Give me an N!" Kate's cheering me on from the side while drinking a strawberry smoothie.

For a few hours we just work on the beginning part of the race. The distance is small but so much could happen, it's crazy.

"Good. Practice this everyday and you'll be golden." Savvy gives me a high five as I get out of the car.

"My tan lines are so off holy fuck." Kate groans as she looks at the white strap tan lines on her shoulders.

"To each their own." I giggle.

My phone begins to buzz in my back pocket and I slide it out. It's Jonah.

"Shhhhttttttt." I shush Savvy who's revving the engine for fun into different tempos and Kate's twerking on the side.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Hey Annika." Jonah says. Yeah he's with Chase.

Annika these nuts, my name's babe or gorgeous.

"Hey Jonah." I reciprocate the friendliness in case I'm on speaker.

"You mean Daddy?" Kate mouths and her and Savvy burst into laughter. I give them a middle finger and turn around.

"Are Kate and Savvy with you?" He asks.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Put me on speaker." He says and I do so.

"Where are you guys?" I hear Chase's voice from the back. Yup, I am on speaker.

"My great aunt Muriel's ranch." Kate responds.

"Hilarious, Bellucci." Chase mocks.

"Anyways, Shawn's brother has a bar opening tonight. You guys wanna go?" Jonah asks.