14

Jungkook just rolled his eyes at Taehyung's question and tried to move past him towards the door. However, Taehyung stood straight, blocking him from reaching the door.

Jungkook sighed, "Move aside Tae, let me go."

"No. Not until you answer my question." Tae said sternly.

Jungkook sighed again and moved back and turned around, his back towards Tae.
"I don't know what you are talking about. Everything is fine-"

"Oh Shut up!! Nothing is fine!!" Tae raised his voice. "It's okay if you don't wanna tell me, but at least go and talk to him."

Jungkook was still not facing him. Jungkook sighed, "He is fine Tae, he just needs some time alone-"

Tae snickered, " Time alone?" Tae went to Jungkook and turned him harshly, forcing Jungkook to face him, " Do you know who we are talking about Jungkook?" He paused, when Jungkook tried to give him a bored expression.

Tae dryly chuckled, letting go of Jungkook's shoulders. "You don't even know that boy. You don't even know what all that boy has gone through." Tae stepped back.

"Jimin never saw his parents Jungkook." Tae snickered looking down, "Hell, he doesn't even know who his real parents are."

Oh hearing this, Jungkook snapped his head towards him, eyes furrowed in confusion.

Tae then looked at Jungkook and gave him a sad smile, " Jimin is not King Leejon's son. King Leejon never got married. Jimin doesn't know when he was brought here, but he was really young at that time. Since childhood, Jimin was treated strictly by Leejon, but when, some officials were around, Jimin was treated as a Prince. Leejon asked him to call him appa , only when some guards or officials were around. When they were totally alone, Jimin had to always address him as Sir."

"Since a very young age, Jimin had to learn to stay alone. He never had a mother to feed him when he was hungry, he never had a father to play with him when he felt lonely. He never had a sibling to share his feelings with. That small kid, was all alone, treated like a Prince in this huge Castle, filled with Gold and silver and precious stones everywhere, with no love,no care , no affection.  All Jimin received while growing up, was a strict and harsh schedule to follow like a robot. What the world gave him was loneliness and emptiness. But you know what our Jimin gave it ? Our Jimin gave love to the world. To every single person who came in his life, he gave love. When he couldn't receive affection from even a single person, Jimin spread happiness in the world. He smiled through his tears. Masking his loneliness, acting as if he is the happiest, when in reality, I have never seen a person as lonely as Jimin." Taehyung had tears silently rolling down his cheeks by now. He sighed and continued, " I met Jimin, four years ago, when I joined as his personal guard. " Taehyung smiled at the memory."That boy was so bubbly and always happy. He was like, spreading a disease everywhere he went. A disease to smile. Jimin always said, he never likes anyone upset or grumpy. He wants everyone to be happy, everyone. I loved talking to him, coz he was a happy virus." Taehyung chuckled, but then frowned, " Untill, about an year ago, King Leejon called me and Hobi in his office. That day, he told me and Hobi something about Jimin. He said, Jimin is having special powers which won't show fully until he turns 18. That time he told us to be extra careful around him as only a year was left for him to show his powers. Till date, me and Hobi have no idea what those powers are. Not even Jimin himself. We just know that we have to protect Jimin. Only King's trusted men know about Jimin having some sort of powers. Like me,Hobi, Jin hyung, Namjoon hyung, the king's guards etc." Tae paused, "It was that day, when Jimin told me, when we two were alone, that Leejon was not his father. He treats him very strictly when alone, but very lovingly , when officials like us are around. Nobody knows about this, just me."

He then looked at Jungkook, who was not facing him, just looking at the ground,  "You know what Jungkook, Jimin never cried. I never saw that boy cry. He always smiles. Even that day, when He told me, Leejon was not his father and he doesn't even know who his father or mother are, he was smiling, for me to not worry about him , to show me that he does not care. He told me how the village just knows that they have a Prince, but have never seen him. That is why, Jimin can never go out. He is caged in this big, luxurious Castle as a caged Prince." Tae said looking around and chuckled. He then looked back  at Jungkook, who was not even looking at him, just staring at his own feet, with silent tears rolling his eyes.

"He is the strongest boy I know Jungkook. But you know what, today when I asked if he was okay, he smiled as always, but .... but this time I saw tears in his eyes." Taehyung's voice cracked at the end. Jungkook finally looked at Taehyung, who continued with a sad smile,"That boy smiled through his tears today Jungkook, trying his best to not let those tears leave his eyes. And they didn't. " He chuckled, holding his bottom lip."They didn't. But I know he won't be able to hold it anymore ... and I... I don't want him to break."

"So please..." Taehyung joined his palms, almost begging Jungkook, "P-Please... Don't let my Jimine b-break Jungkook...." Taehyung was sobbing by now, with his head hung low.

Jungkook rushed and pulled Tae to his chest, biting his own lower lip to stop from himself breaking down, "I won't Tae. I won't let him break. I.. I promise. " He whispered, vowing to protect Jimin, no matter what.