E I G H T Y - O N E

"What the fuck is this shit? I came just for this?"

"Malia-"

"Did you forget that their psycho ass daughter is trying to kill us and you invite them here?"

I was fucking livid. I'm trying to get away from everyone, to stop being a problem for them and they go ahead and pull this shit. The fact that Ethan was here didn't help either.

"We haven't seen her in months." Her mom speaks up and we all turn and look at her.

"What the fuck do you mean that you haven't seen her in months?" Both Isabel and I get up from our seats and stare at Mackenzie's parents.

"She disappeared a few weeks after giving birth. We told the school she was leaving when in reality, we had no clue as to where she was at." Her mom explains to us and suddenly I look over at Ethan and Grayson who shared the same look.

"Guys..."

"When Malia lost her memory...that's when I told Ethan the news that Mackenzie wasn't coming back." Grayson explains and suddenly everyone around me is realizing something that I have no clue of.

"You mean to tell us that she's been gone for that long and none of you have said not a goddamn thing?" Ethan goes off on her parents and they don't do anything except stay quiet.

"Ethan-" Lisa tries talking to him but she shakes his head.

"No, mom! Everyone's lives are in danger because of their bitch of a daughter and they never said a fucking thing. It's not just Malia and I anymore, it's every single one of you and they only care about her well-being."

With Ethan going off at Mackenzie's parents, I look back at Grayson who's in deep thought.

"Gray, what's up?" I walk over to him and he begins to explain.

"This may be a reach but I haven't been able to shake the feeling ever since that day." He looks uneasy, almost as if he doesn't want to be right.

"What feeling? What are you talking about?"

"After I broke the news to Ethan about Mackenzie leaving, we went back up to go see you. You were fine before Ethan came to talk to me, and the minute we got to the floor you were at...there was doctors rushing to your room because you became unresponsive."

"Are you trying to say-"

"That Mackenzie was in your hospital room trying to kill you? Yeah, I am."

"Grayson, I don't even remember anyone walking into my room after Ethan left! It couldn't have been-oh my god..."

My hand goes over my mouth as a wave of realization hits me...and it hits me hard.

Everyone turns to me and I shake my head while Grayson sighs knowing he was right the whole time.

"A nurse came in to give me my medication for the day. She covered her face with the surgical mask and hid her hair in the cap. I don't remember anything after taking my mediation until days later when I finally woke up."

"We need to report this to the police." Isabel speaks up and Jack rolls his eyes.

"The fuck is that going to do? It happened months ago."

"Anything can help at this point asshole. I'm calling the police and letting them know." She pulls her phone out and heads towards the kitchen.