S E V E N T Y - T W O

I hear beeping monitors and right away I know I'm in a hospital.

I open my eyes and quickly close them trying to adjust to the light and when I fully open them, I look around the room only to find it empty.

I slowly get up, realizing I'm not in a hospital gown for once, but immediately I feel the thumping pain on my head. I bring my hand up to my head and that's when I feel something soft on my head.

Looking down at my clothes I see they're covered in blood. That's when I start remembering what happened with Ethan and I run out of the room, but I bump into someone and look up.

"Grayson! W-Where's Ethan?" He puts his hands on my shoulders as he tries to calm me down.

"Malia, breathe!"

"Grayson, where is he? I have to see him!"

"He's sleeping-"

"I don't care! You don't know what I felt to have him almost fucking die in my arms! For fucks sake I'm covered in his blood!" I yell back as he puts his hand over my mouth.

"He's my twin brother, it hurts me just as much as you! But you need to calm down, we crashed into a pole and you were drugged. Both you and Ethan should be taking it easy right now." He looks at me eye to eye and I sigh and wrap my arms around him.

"They managed to get the bullet out in time, he's been sleeping for the past three hours." Grayson informs me and I pull back.

"How long have we been here?" I furrow my brows.

"Almost 4 hours."

"Where's your parents?

"They're in the waiting room, your grandparents are here too along with your dad and sister..."

You're kidding me? I haven't talked to them in months. Even when we did talk, it wasn't exactly a full conversation.

"They're pretty worried, I'll call them if you-" Suddenly Grayson is cut off by someone and we look back.

"Miss. LaMont?" A doctor calls me and I nod. "That's me."

"You shouldn't be standing at the moment, but since you're awake, there's something that's I need to discuss with you." I look at Grayson and he nods.

"Okay, well, what is it?"

"This is something that has to be discussed privately. Follow me into your room and we can discuss this matter." I walk into the room and sit on the bed while she closes the door.

"I don't know what's going on, but can we please cut to the chase? This is making me nervous and-"

"Malia, there's no easy way to say this, given the situation you just went through, but we ran a few tests on you and it turns out you were pregnant."

I laugh.

I laugh hysterically.

This bitch got me fucked up.

What kind of prank is this?

How much should I sue for this lie?

Wait....WAS pregnant?

"Alright, cut the shit, what am I really in here for?"

"It's understandable for you to be in denial, with the situation and your age but-"

"There's one teeny tiny detail about me though that I'm pretty sure no one knows. The chances of me getting pregnant are slim to none. The doctors in LA confirmed that for me."