F I F T Y - S I X

"Isabel, where the hell is this party?" I turn my head and look out the car window.

"It's near the beach, on top of a cliff." She makes a turn as the loud music blares through the speakers.

The weather is cloudy, the sky grey accompanied with light rain. The cold breeze engulfing my body as I close the car window.

"You know, I'm really happy that you decided to come Malia." Isabel glances at me for a moment before diverting her attention back on the road.

I don't say anything. I give her a half smile and change the radio station, turning up the music before looking out the window again.

—————
By the time we arrive, the rain has gotten slightly harder. There's cars parked everywhere with bonfires and tents, along with the coolers and tables packed with alcohol.

When I get out of Isabel's car, everyone turns to face me. Everyone goes quiet, the only thing that was heard was the music and the waves crashing against the rocks. She leads the way towards the largest tent where Cameron, Jack and Aaron were standing. Turns out, Isabel has gotten close with the guys now that Avery and our other 'friends' left.

The second they see me, they engulf me in a hug. I can't help but feel a sense of comfort as they surround me. I've never had a brother...at least that I know of at this point, but it feels like I have three older brothers who are trying to shield me from the bad.

"Fuck Malia, we've missed you so much." Aaron says while letting go of me.

"We're sorry we couldn't come to visit you in the hospital, it was-" Isabel elbows Cameron and Jack and they stay quiet.

"It's fine guys, I actually wanted to be alone for a bit." They nod and I see Jack drink from his beer.

"Getting shitfaced already?" Isabel asks.

He shakes his head and hold the glass beer bottle by the top. "Not in the mood, just something to ease myself a bit I guess."

"I-Is Ethan and Grayson coming?" I stutter.

Dumbass.

They stay quiet and I already know the answer to my question.

Of course they're not coming. Ethan doesn't want to be around me, I broke up with him.

"Malia, they-"

"It's okay, I understand. I'm not upset, I was just wondering you know?"

I don't know if I'm trying to convince myself more than Isabel at the moment.

"Malia!" I turn around and I see Nathan walking towards me.

"The fuck is this headass doing?" I hear Cameron behind me, referring to Nathan as Isabel shushes him.

I told Isabel about the situation that occurred at the diner and she also agreed with me about what I said to him was right. You can't force someone to love you, it's just a one sided love. But from the looks of it, Nathan isn't going to give up, he's only going to make himself suffer even though I've already warned him.

"You actually showed up, I thought you weren't going to come after all." He engulfs me in a hug and I stand there awkwardly.

"Come on, the rains getting harder and some people are going to start cliff jumping." We start walking and towards the bonfire and I turn my head back to look at Isabel and the guys to follow us and they quickly follow behind me.

"You want something to drink?" Nathan turns to me and I look back at Isabel. I go up to her and whisper. "I promise I'm not going to get drunk, I'll be fine." She nods and I go back to Nathan.