S I X T Y - S E V E N

Play the Song: Parachute by AM!R (y'all will know when ;) )

Day went by and I couldn't find myself being comfortable living in Luke's apartment anymore, so I permanently moved back in with my grandparents and it's now been 2 weeks that I haven't gone to see Luke. All we do is just text and call, but even that's a minimum.

I haven't seen Ethan since the day we almost kissed and even with the amount of time that I've spent away from both of them, I find myself wanting to be near Ethan and Luke. More so Ethan.

With Luke, I feel secure where I know what's gonna happen and when it's gonna happen. I feel like I'm in a bubble. Everything is safe. Too safe.

And with Ethan, there's always an adrenaline feeling. I feel safe with him too, but not as to where I feel trapped. It scares me, makes me feel like my heart is going to jump out of my chest. But I like it.

My bedrooms door opens and Isabel walks in.

"So, what's the deal with you and my brother now?" She sits down on my bed as she holds a bag of chips in her hands.

"I don't even know what to tell you Isabel. It's like your brother wants a picture perfect version of me and that's just not me. I fucked up before and I still fuck up."

"Told you my brother is a douche, but anyways, are you guys on a break or what?"

I shrug. "Haven't talked to him in 2 weeks, we text here and there but other than that it's been dead."

"He hasn't came around either. My mom calls him to check up on him but the calls never last past 2 minutes. She says he sounds tired every time she calls him, that it's like he's always in a hurry."

"Well before I moved out of his apartment, he was talking about working on the companies again and he was doing paperwork here and there."

"Ah, that's why then. Most likely trying to preoccupy himself with all the shit between you guys." She says before stuffing her mouth with chips.

She turns her head to look at the window and that's when I see a trail of hickeys going down her neck.

"You fuckers go at that shit don't you?" I say as I pull on her shirt and she smacks my hand away.

"A tí que te vale madre pendeja." She continues on with eating her chips and I laugh.

—————

"I'm not jumping in!" Grayson yells at Ethan who was trying to push him into the pool.

"Babe! Just do it!" Isabel yells at Grayson as she grabs the bag of chips on the table.

We were at Ethan and Grayson's house and as weird as it was, it was also comforting. I was with people I trust, but two of us have a long history, a history that's still continuing.

Ethan looked fine as hell, I'll stare and not give a fuck, but I won't touch. Especially since I Luke and I are still dating. Last night he had flowers and chocolates delivered to my grandparents house.

Tacky to me, but at least he's trying.

"Shit, I forgot the rest of the food, Malia can you go get the food?" Isabel asks and I nod, getting up.

When I get up I pass by Ethan who's smirking at me and looking at me up and down.

"What you smirking at?" I ask and he shakes his head, but his smile is still there.

"Something." He winks and turns back around.

I feel my face heat up and I turn around to grab the stuff that Isabel asked me for. I walk into the kitchen and I see the bags that she asked for.