S I X T Y - T W O

December 31st | New Years Eve
"I'm not ready, like at all!" I turn around to face Luke who was in nothing but a towel. His usual few curls no longer resting on the top of his forehead due to his hair being recently cut.

"We've been dating for what? A few weeks already, why are you nervous about it now?" He leans against the bathroom wall next to the mirror and I roll my eyes.

"I'm scared shitless of what Isabel is gonna say, and the rest of your family."

"My family has known you since you were in diapers Malia, they love you. And Isabel will probably be drunk off her ass by the time we get there to even realize what's going on."

"I wouldn't be so sure." I say turning my back towards him as I pick up the brush and sweep the bronzer on my cheekbones.

"And if she did have a problem with it, she's not really in the position to say a thing about it. Not when we still have the video of her getting fingered by Grayson." Luke shudders at the thought and I laugh.

"I can't believe that fucking happened! Like did she really forget that there was cameras and that I was unconscious?" The thought of it makes me laugh, the whole situation was hilarious to me.

While my ass was unconscious, she was getting fingered by Grayson. No one could deny the attraction that they have for each other, it's been there for awhile, but I didn't think they would act on it...especially when my ass was knocked out.

It doesn't bug me, but Luke on the other hand isn't happy about nearly watching the video of his little sister getting fingered, and finding out it was by Grayson.

It's been a while since I've talked to Grayson...and Ethan. Almost a month. I even missed their 18th birthday. Something I used to look so forward to, and now it just feels like any other day to me. I only wished Grayson a Happy Birthday, and even that conversation was awkward.

Flashback | December 16 | Ethan and Grayson's 18th Birthday

"Happy Birthday Gray!" My voice was shaky as I spoke to him, I didn't have to, but the problem was between Ethan and I, not Grayson and I.

"Thanks Mal." I could tell he didn't know what to say, or how to react. I'm pretty sure Ethan has him prohibited from talking to me, but Grayson was never one to listen to Ethan.

"How are-"

"Things aren't the same anymore Malia." Grayson cuts me off and I'm completely thrown off guard.

"Grayson, I-"

"Ever since that night, something snapped in him. He went back to being the same guy he was before he met you. He's sleeping around, is hardly at home because he's drinking and partying. He's not the same anymore Malia. He's not even home right now and it's our birthday."

I sit there in the middle of my bed as I try to take everything in. Tears well up in my eyes, but I bite my lip and hold back the tears.

"H-He's not my responsibility anymore Gray. He broke up with me, remember that." I bite my lip even harder.

It killed me to say those words...so much.

"Oh...yeah." I can hear the pain in his voice when I remind him of that night and there I let myself break down.

"This isn't what I wanted Grayson, but he did and I have to respect that. I fucked up and we all know it. Ethan and I were so toxic to each other, there wasn't a time where we didn't argue and fight with each other. I know he needs help, and I know you want me to help him...but Grayson he's not my responsibility anymore. I tried helping him once and when I did, I found two girls drinking shots off of him and him leading them to the back to go fuck them both. I'm emotionally, mentally and physically drained from Ethan and I's relationship. We had our good times, but there were too many bad times. He helped me and I tried helping him but I couldn't. I still care about him and I'll be there for him, as a friend...but no longer a girlfriend. I think it's time for me to move on from him completely."