S I X T Y - O N E

For Ethan's POV, listen to

Pa'Que La Pases Bien by Arcangel

For Malia's POV, listen to

One For the Road by Arctic Monkeys (you'll know which part to listen to.)

————

"Si nos caimos, vamos a chingar su puta madre." Isabel looks out the airplane window and I smack her arm.

"Cállate pendeja." I say as I switch my phone to airplane mode.

"I'm being serious! What if the plane just falls?" Everyone turns to us, a few people glare at her, and some people look like they just shit themselves.

"We won't know if you keep talking shit." I say as I search for my earphones in my small bag.

"Please fasten your seatbelts as we prepare for takeoff."

"See you in 4 hours bitch." Isabel smiles before putting in her earphones.

————

"Hijo de su puta madre, Quien trajo trés pinches equipajes?" Isabel's mom goes off as she pulls the luggage and I turn back at Isabel who's awkwardly smiling.

Isabel grabs her luggage, clearly struggling and I laugh.

"You know there's something called helping right?" Isabel turns to me and I laugh.

"No one told you to bring three bags of luggage.  This one's on you." I keep walking next to her as I drag my bag next to me.

"Como se siente?" I stop dead in my tracks as Luke stands next to me.

"Jesus Christ Luke." I put my hand over my chest to calm myself down and he laughs.

We continue walking through the airport in silence. I was currently trying to take in everything. I was back in Mexico after years, the last time I came was when I was 8 and now I'm 17.

I loved everything about México. It was just amazing. The people, their accents, their traditions, the smell. If I was able to live here for a few months, I most definitely would.

It's crazy though. Last time I thought I'd be here, I thought that I'd be with Ethan. But I'm not and that's okay. We really do need time away from each other with no strings attached.

"Are you ready for the parties?" Luke turns to me and I smile.

"Definitely."

————————

"Definitely NOT!" I yell at Luke as I try to get Isabel down from the table as she holds the bottle of Don Julio in her hand.

"Isabel bájate de la pinche mesa hija de la chingada!" Isabel's and Luke's mom yells at her. But Isabel, clearly unbothered, keeps dancing on top of the table.

Luke leans against the wall with a glass bottle of coke in his hands as he watches his sister making a complete mess of herself as I cover my face in embarrassment.

It isn't until Isabel tries to jump but falls and lands flat on her ass.

I stare at her as my jaw drops, her mom screams while Luke bursts into a fit of laughter.

"This is gonna be a long three weeks." I mumble.

—————

"Come on, let's go!" Luke pulls me by the hand and we run down the streets.