S E V E N T Y - T H R E E

Friday

"Open the door Malia." They bang on the door while I sit on the kitchen counter as I drink my coffee.

"We know you're in there, open the fucking door!" All of them were banging on the door and I finally get up off the counter and head upstairs to my room and lock the door.

I turn on my speakers and blast my music to the point where I hear the bass along the walls of the house.

'Snap Out of It' by The Arctic Monkeys plays as I sit down on my vanity and I pull out my makeup for a quick touch up. I let my hair out of the bun it was in and mess with it a little bit before I change.

When I'm done, I reach for my boot heels as I grab my money and shove it in the inside of the right shoe as I put my phone in my pocket. I open the window where I'm hit with the cold wind and I smirk. I carefully climb out the window and I leave the music blasting as I slowly climb down the window.

I check to see if Isabel and the guys are still at the front and they're still banging on the door.

Damn...it's been 10 minutes.

They were mad the first few minutes when I didn't open it, now imagine when they find out I'm not there? Hilarious.

I open the backyard gate quietly as I lock it and knock on my neighbors fence.

"Kieran!"

He's laying down on the swinging seat in his backyard and he sees me and gets up.

"Damn Malia, it took you long enough." He smirks and I shake my head.

"Well, my bestfriend and my ex's brother and friends are in the front of my house banging on my door so yeah it took longer than expected."

"Why the fuck are you ghosting your bestfriend? And how did you get out of the house if they're in the front?" He looks over and tries to figure it out.

"I'm not trying to ghost her, but they want to talk about my ex and I don't want to. I'm over his shit, he made me look dumb while he had a girlfriend and never told anyone. And I got out through the window. Now hurry the fuck up before they find out where I'm at." He shakes his head and laughs before moving the two pieces of the already broken fence and let's me in through his backyard.

"So, that's why the music is blasting?" I nod.

"Smart." He laughs as he throw his arm over me and I pull it off.

"Kieran." I roll my eyes.

"Relax, I just miss my friend. I haven't seen you in what? Almost a year and we live right behind eachother."

"You're 20 Kieran. You're in college, meaning you have a life."

"And? Did you forget what we were?" He smirks and I can't help but smile when I roll my eyes.

Kieran and I go way back. I was 15 and he was 17 when we had a thing I guess you could say. He and I almost had sex; the most we did was make out and a few times he may have...fingered me. I was scared at the time but I wanted to know what it felt like to have an orgasm and I trusted Kieran at the time so that happened. It was fine after that but we grew apart and things just ended. No hard feelings, nothing. We maintained a good friendship up about a year ago which was when things got all fucked up with me.

"Anyways, are you ready to go?" I change the subject, he laughs and nods.

"Let's go, we're already late."

—————

I take the pen from Kieran's hands and I take a big hit, letting the smoke out through my nose.