S E V E N T Y - S E V E N

"I'm not dealing with your shit right now, Ethan."

"Malia, I miss you." He walks towards me but I stay quiet and ignore him. He stays still and puts his head down.

"Malia-"

"I said NO. I can't forgive you for what you did." I say it without hesitation and it feels like a weight has been lifted off of me.

"You don't mean that."

"Ethan, you like to play games and I don't anymore. You have a fucked up habit of wanting me when you see I'm doing good, then tossing me to the side when you get bored. You played me."

"How many times do I have to keep saying sorry to you-"

"You don't! Stop saying sorry because I'm not going to accept your apology. The word sorry has no meaning anymore when it comes to you."

I had no remorse for Ethan, I was sick and tired of these games, we will be graduating in just a few weeks and our way to becoming adults. I didn't want to live like this. We were in a life and death situation because of his psycho ex who just can't get over him, now everyone I care about has to be kept under 24/7 watch.

Ethan and I together brought damage into everyone's life instead of nice things.

If letting go of him means keeping everyone safe and stopping all of this, then so be it.

"Then what do you want me to say? What can I say?" He slams the hospital room door shut as he yells.

"NOTHING!" I get up from the hospital bed. "Everytime we're together bad things always happen and I'm tired of the crying, the arguing, everything! There isn't a fucking day that passes we don't argue, whether we're together or not! We're on the verge of becoming adults and we still have child like habits!" I point my finger at his chest, not taking my eyes off of him while I scream at him.

I used to swoon over him whenever I'd look at him, and now I can't help but get angry whenever I look at him.

"Maybe we wouldn't be arguing if you didn't go to Kieran!"

"There it is. The blame is always me! I'm always the one to blame, did you forget that you were dating Samaira this whole time? We would have been together if she never came into the picture! This one is all you, there's no one to blame here but you." I push him away and walk towards the window and look out at the view.

"What if I break up with her?"

I laugh and shake my head.

"It's not simple anymore Ethan."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want you. I hate you...I despise you."

When I turn around to look at him, he just stands there. He doesn't say anything, there's no emotion. Nothing.

"Now get the fuck out of the room."

—————

"So, that's the dress you're going with? Who's even going to make it with such short notice?" Isabel asks while I show her the sketch of the dress.

"My grandma's younger sister is a seamstress and she offered to do my prom dress. She said it would take a week and a half, most was 2 weeks."

"You going with Kieran?"

I nod while adding a few extra designs to the dress before closing the notebook and tossing it to the side.

"I haven't sat down with you and asked you, how do you feel lately...with being under watch and with Ethan?" She lays on my bed and I look out the window trying to spot the undercover car down the street, but I couldn't find anyone.