50 (part 1)

Sorry this update took so long. I've been feeling uninspired with this book but I still love it. I hope you like the chapter <3 Part 2 will come later today or early tomorrow. I am already in the middle of it. Sorry for mistakes, I'll make sure to edit and fill in holes later. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Do you think something bad will happen?" Lynlee questioned nervously.

"No."

"You said yourself it was dangerous-"

"Lynlee please," Ratchet said, "it will be fine. I doubt anything bad will happen. While it could be a possibility-"

Lynlee frowned and crossed her arms. Long strands of her dark hair fell into her face, and she huffed. "You aren't helping anything Ratchet. I just want to hear that everything will be fine. That they'll all make it back safely."

Ratchet closed his optics for a short moment, his processors trailing back to every comrade he'd ever lost. "This is war, Lynlee," he said softly, "while we all wish for our friends to return home- they don't always come back." 

The other children stood silently next to the railing, staring warily at the girl. Optimus thought it best if they returned to base after Soundwave left with the others. That had been about an hour previously. Bumblebee and Bulkhead were sent to retrieve the last Omega key while Soundwave and Arcee were to infiltrate the Nemesis. 

There was a change of plans, though. Soundwave wouldn't be captured. Surprisingly, after hearing the mech's plan, Arcee was the one to speak up. 

"I'll be the one captured," she said without hesitation. "You're our best chance at getting the Omega keys. You're stealthier than any of us, Soundwave."

"Is that realistic?" Bulkhead had asked slowly. With a small smirk, Arcee had looked at Soundwave.

"It will be after our little fight. What do you say, Soundwave? Why don't we spar a little? Don't hold back."

Now in the present, Lynlee wondered what her purpose was. A few months ago she was a simple girl with a sob story. She was thrown into something so much bigger than her. What was her part? It felt wrong for her to leave Soundwave alone up there. He could die and she would be left alone again. 

"I'm sure he'll be fine." the small one, Rafael, said. "Soundwave is pretty strong. He's given team prime a run for their money a few times." 

"A pain in the aft he was." Ratchet grumbled quietly. 

Lynlee sighed and pushed more hair out of her face. Irritation filled her being at the heavy baggage hanging from her scalp. "I wish I could just chop it off." she finally said.

From above, Miko grinned. "Why don't we cut it then?"

Lynlee glanced up at her and asked, "Are you sure?"