29

I decided to try and post more than one chapter since I took so long to update. I know the chapters seem to be more filler and going nowhere, but I wanted to make this book longer like my other one and take my time with it. I hope you guys have been liking it so far. I'll edit mistakes later.

Hope you Enjoy

----------------

Ratchet huffed in frustration as he stared at the empty berth before him. It was times like these when he felt as if Optimus was his own sparkling, sneaking off in the dead of night despite his orders. Of course, he was never really the one to be respected in that sense as he wasn't the leader, but he was the medical officer. A medical officer who, if need be, could overrank his commanding officer if he was in poor health.

In this case, Optimus was very much so under his authority.

He wouldn't take any energon, recharge, and was constantly out searching for clues to whatever happened to that child he'd been so determined on saving just a few weeks prior. His lack of recharge and care for his own body led to several sedations- ratchet would never forget the glare Optimus gave him every time he woke up from being drugged.

Though, it did make him laugh.

Something Ratchet did little of these days. In these times. Times of chaos, and war.

Watching his leader get loopy and stumble around while falling into unconsciousness did bring a smile to his face platings.

He had to sedate him for the fifth time this week. He was getting careless, and Ratchet knew the only recharge he got was forced upon by his own hand. But now, he was gone. Optimus was missing. He'd only left him for a few hours, thinking the sedative would last far longer.

Arcee held her servos on her hips as she stared at the screen in front of her. Ratched growled and stepped forward, already realizing where Optimus has gone to as he read the contents of the screen.

"You know, you can't force a leader to stand down." Arcee gave a bemused chuckle as the others gathered around them.

"How is that possible? The formula was destroyed after it left my mind." Bulkhead tilted his helm while Bumblebee whirred in an agreement.

"I do not know how it came to be, but I do know that he needs backup. If it is true that this is synthetic energon, it can be used for our good. But so could the Decepticons-"

"So we need to save boss bot." Wheeljack stated, seemingly coming out of nowhere. He stood leaned against the wall across the room, a small smirk on his face. "It's been a while since I've pounded some dents. Too long, if you ask me."

"Jackie!" Bulkhead laughed and held no hesitation as he moved to greet his fellow wrecker. "You back so soon?"

"I still cannot comprehend how you manage to make it sneak in without my noticing." Ratchet grumbled. Wheeljack grinned and shook his helm.

"Can't get rid of me, doc, no matter how hard you try. How about we save the leader, huh?"

Arcee rolled her optics, though she was grinning by now as well. "I doubt the leader needs saving, but we should make sure the Decepticons don't try anything. We ready to roll?"

Bumblebee was already transforming, and he revved his engine while the others followed suit. Ratchet huffed while rolling his own optics and preparing a groundbridge. "Wheeljack, for the love of the Allspark, please don't destroy any more human facilities. Fowler will have our helms."

"Wouldn't dream of it, doc."

Ratchet snarled while they passed through, "Do not call me that!"