11

~ Enjoy! ❤️ (another pic of Soundwave because he is amazing 😍😍 ⬆️)
-  -  -  -  -  -  -

Optimus prime never revealed his true feelings. As a leader he was required to keep cool and collected, as humans would put it, and never risk placing his team in unneeded distress.

But the moment he discovered the Omega keys were gone, a loud cry sounded throughout the Autobots base as he felt anger and frustration release from his spark.

The Decepticons now held three of the Omega keys in their possession. Everything would change for the worst if they received the fourth key.

As the days passed, there was still no sign of the fourth key, and Starscream was nowhere to be found. As if he had disappeared off of the earth. While Arcee and the others believed that Starscream had simply went back to the Nemesis, Optimus held his doubts.

Starscream was definitely up to something bigger. It was only a matter of time before he moved on to his next step. The Autobots knew Optimus was stressed. Even when their leader tried his best to act calm, it just wasn't working.

"There is no one else to send, Optimus." Arcee sighed and rubbed her optics. "Bumblebee is with Smokescreen, Wheeljack is with Bulkhead, and I can't go alone, it's against protocol." It was never a good idea to send one alone in the field.

"Bulkhead will go with you as soon as he returns." Optimus glared at the screen in front of him, trying to decipher the code for the fourth keys location. He was working day and night, never taking a break Or recharge. And while he worked, he sent the Autobots off into the field in a desperate attempt to gather energon and search for any clue as to where the key might be.

But it was like they were blindly searching into darkness. Ratchet tried to speak with Optimus, but the Autobot leader was oblivious to the weight he set on his teams shoulders.

Arcee had enough.

"We are tired, Optimus." she seethed, "You can't keep pushing us like this! I agree we need to search for the last key, but look at you! You cannot even keep your optics open."

Optimus opened his mouth to argue but Ratchet cut in, voicing his agreement. "You must rest, Optimus. Let the team rest. Please."

Optimus felt guilt in his spark, and in the short moment he quit his work and pulled his optics from the screen, suddenly realized that he was tired.

"Optimus, please. I know you are stressed, but what happens when he Decepticons attack when we are like this?" Arcee whispered.

"I apologize. I-" he rubbed the spot between his optics and vented softly. A servo was placed on his shoulder platings, and he turned to find Ratchet smiling at him.

"Rest."

Optimus smiled at his oldest friend and nodded slowly. "I think I will... need a short recharge..."

Before he could walk to his berthroom, an alarm went off, signaling a strong energon signal. Arcees eyes widened before turning to Ratchet.

"This is impossible... this energon signature... its... Synthetic energon." He sputtered. Arcee cursed under her breath.

For now, rest wasn't an option.