49

Sorry for the wait <3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Optimus was kind enough to let Lynlee talk with Soundwave as the days passed by. He spoke very little with his own words, but when he did use his own voicebox, the girl had thought her heart would explode. 

It was all so very confusing. She didn't know every little detail about being a sparkmate, and Soundwave hadn't brought the subject up since his capture. Lynlee was left alone with questions that Optimus could only try to explain. 

The Autobot leader was fairly suspicious of the strange duo's relationship with each other. At first, he was cautious around Soundwave, making sure to keep him strapped and secured while the others talked about finding the last Omega key. Ratchet was slowly working on cracking the formula on Synthetic energon, and the others often went out to search for energon mines.

What was strange, was the Decepticon's retreat. There were several mines completely abandoned despite the mass supply of energon, and there were no unusual sightings that hinted towards a scheme or plan. 

Feeling more anxious than ever, Optimus Prime finally made an important decision without letting the team know. 

Which is what led the girl to the dilemma at hand- Lynlee sat on top of Soundwave's shoulder platings as he silently stood freely in the Autobot base, staring the other Autobots down. Arcee was the first to react, shoving an unsuspecting Jack as far away as possible before pointing her blaster. 

Bulkhead did the same, more cautiously and unsure, as Miko started to shout complaints toward her protector. Bumblebee simply whirred in warning towards Rafael, who was already hiding closer to Ratchet, who held his servo protectively over the young boy. 

"I would say I was surprised," the medical officer said, "but unfortunately I am not." 

Optimus stared at his team for a short moment before nodding towards Arcee, Bulkhead, and Bumblebee. "Take the children home. I am taking risks to win this war, but I will not place the children in danger."

Arcee glanced at me. "What about Lynlee?" 

The girl folded her arms and opened her mouth to speak, but Soundwave beat her to it. "Lynlee stays with... Soundwave."

Lynlee smiled at him while the others still looked uncertain. Ratchet finally broke the silence with a sigh. "You heard him. Take the children home. I will open a groundbridge." 

The groundbridge opened, one by one, and each bot transformed before allowing their charge onto their alt mode. Lynlee simply watched them leave. A sudden pain in her chest made her swallow. She'd almost forgotten that she didn't have a home to return to. Or family. 

Ratchet turned towards Optimus after closing the portal. "I trust you Optimus. While I think it is absurd, I know you will do what's best for the team."