'Sea salt and happiness.'

Nearing the beach, the two boys marvelled at the sunset the sky had painted just for them. The sun was a deep orange, as it sank past the horizon into the sea. It illuminated a glowing path across the water, and bathed its surroundings in golden. 

Will could smell the faint scent of salt on the breeze as the wind tousled his floppy hair and pushed it into his eyes. Tenderly, Nico raised himself onto his tiptoes to brush it out of the way and suddenly they were gazing at each other, face to face.

'Hey,' Nico said, smiling at Will bashfully with a rosy hue starting to colour his cheeks.

'Hey,' Will almost whispered back, as he admired Nico's features. His long, graceful cheekbones defined his face, his dark brown eyebrows sloped downwards, framing the mahogany eyes that sparkled brightly, and seemed to stare into the very depths of Will's soul. His nose was slender and marble white, and his lips were- oh schist he was staring at Nico's lips, Nico is probably going to think he was a weirdo!  Will thought to himself as he abruptly broke out of his reverie.

Apparently Nico did not think so, as leant forward to kiss Will. 

'Wow.' Nico breathed, as they slowly broke apart. Will only grinned in response, Nico noted that for the first time since the battle, Will finally looked like he wasn't worrying. The dark circles under his eyes were still there, but now only just visible under his tanned skin. 

'Come on, I have to show you something,' Will said, as he took hold of Nico's arm and pulled him off to the side. 'Where are we going?' Nico questioned, he loved how when he was with Will everything felt like an adventure. Being in his company felt so familiar, yet always so new and exciting at the same time.

'It's a surprise,' Will answered, and led Nico around the corner of the headland, revealing a small rocky cove with a natural pool that fed into the sea. 

Will span around to face and Nico, 'Is this to your liking?' he asked, smiling.

'It's- it's- it's so' Nico was lost for words, he was astonished that a place this beautiful existed around the corner from camp and he had never seen it before. 'beautiful.' he finished. 

'No sarcasm?' Will asked, faking shock. 'Who even are you?'

'Aw shut up,' Nico replied as he pushed Will's shoulder, pretending to be offended, but Will could see that he was smiling broadly. 

'Don't you dare try and push me, death boy!' Will exclaimed as he grabbed Nico's sleeve and pushed him towards the natural pool. Nico felt himself start to topple forward, so he grabbed Will's arm and pulled the other boy down with him, as they landed, spluttering with laughter, on top of each other in the water. 

The water was surprisingly warm from being heated up by the sun all day, but still cold enough to shock them both.

'Nico! Was there any need to pull me in?' Will laughed, as he emerged from under the water.

'Hey! You pushed me in the first place!'

'No, you slipped, and I was grabbing your arm to save you- you know, being a doctor and all- and you pulled me in!'

'Oh that's what happened was it?' Nico queried, one eyebrow raised.

'Definitely.' Will answered.

'Well in that case I am so sorry, I hope there is something I could do in apology.' Nico countered, rolling his eyes.

'Actually.. there is something you could do for me,' Will said, smirking slightly as he grabbed Nico's shoulders and pulled him closer. 

Then for the second time that evening they kissed, and it tasted of sea salt and happiness.