'Scouting for girls?'

Will took a deep breath as he looked at himself in the mirror. It was in half an hour. In half an hour he would be going with Nico on their first actual date. He raked his fingers through his hair in a hopeless attempt to try and tame his floppy blond hair... to no avail. He sighed, and changed his outfit for the fourth time. He was pretty sure it wasn't normal to obsess this much over what he was wearing to go to the cinema, but then again, he wanted his date with Nico to be perfect.

Nope. He looked stupid in this outfit. He sighed and changed back into what he was wearing before, his orange camp half blood t-shirt, a short-sleeved checkered green shirt that he left un-buttoned over the top, and long denim shorts with his black sneakers. If Nico was going to like him, he may as well like him for who he really was and not for someone he wasn't.

'Will what is up with you today?' Austin shouted from his bunk at the other side of the Apollo cabin and making Will nearly jump out of his skin. 'You've been, like jumpy all day!'

'Uh, nothing?' Will replied, instantly turning a deep beetroot red. 'Just, uh getting ready to go the cinema with Nico.

'You scouting for girls?' Austin asked mischievously, 'because, no offence, but you're looking quite flustered.'

Will nearly choked, as he tried to contain his laughter, then tried to turn it into a cough. Unsuccessfully. 'Yep, something like that.' He responded, grinning to himself.

Austin looked at him strangely for a second, before appearing to shrug it off and say, 'Well have fun then.'

'I will.'

Nico was sat waiting for him on the steps of the pavilion, looking out to sea. 'Hey,' Will shouted breathlessly as he jogged over to the other boy, 'Sorry I'm a bit late, I just got called into the infirmary as I was about to leave, one of the Ares kids was showing off on the climbing wall and got burned by the lava.'

'Typical Ares kid.' Nico said, 'Was it serious?'

'Not serious enough for me to miss going to the cinema with you,' Will replied smirking, and Nico blushed, rolling his eyes. 'How romantic,' He answered sarcastically but a smile still tugged on the corner of his lips. There was silence for a moment as they both stared at each other grinning, but still slightly unsure of themselves; this was a completely new experience, for both of them.

'You know what?' Nico suddenly announced. 'Forget the cinema, let's just go for a walk on the beach.'

'Nico, I didn't take you for the hopeless romantic type; a long walk on the beach at sunset? Sounds perfect actually.' Will said, raising one eyebrow.

'Well that's good,' Nico responded smiling, 'because you took so long the movie has already started anyway.'

Then Will intertwined his hand into Nico's and pulled him closer. 'I'm sorry, I just can't help that I have to heroically save peoples lives all the time,' he exclaimed, pretending to be hurt.

'Don't flatter yourself,' Nico said laughing.

'Hey! That includes yours,' Will argued as he bent down and gently kissed Nico on the forehead, and pulled him off towards the beach without a care in the world.