A Choice

"What about you Harry?" Carlos asked turning to look at the icy-eyed boy.

"Well I'm gonna save mine for later, aye?" he asked with a smirk.

"Sure, I guess." said Carlos, looking at Harry with intrigue...

A feeling of content ran through him: after hearing everyone talk he could feel a connection with them. It was a start to returning what they had before. But there was one small thing stopping that...

Carlos was starting to feel a little nervous as everyone finished speaking. He knew their smiles were a little forced and they were hiding most of their true feelings.

He could see it in their eyes. But how did he know that? Was it a sign of how close they were?

A small flicker of fear appeared in his heart and the boy next to him noticed. He looked down upon the white haired lad and had a worried expression. Carlos began to feel a slight hammering in his chest and his breaths drew ever so slightly deeper. He wondered if this was real, if these people were real, if they were telling the truth, if it was a trap-

"Hey, are you alright pup?" he asked, his eyes not breaking direct contact with the younger.

Why was this person always asking if he was okay? He was starting to get annoyed, but somehow knew the concern came from a good place.

Truth be told, Carlos didn't know if he was alright... everything in the past was a blur but he knew something horrific must have happened for his mind to give up on him. Maybe this was what everyone was not allowed to talk to him about.

The gang could see the gears turning in the boy's head and looked around in confusion.

"Um, you all, um, you all keep saying that, well, something happened to me that made me forget everything, but, but you're not allowed to tell me. It might be too, too overwhelming, right?"

Several nods gave him the answer he wanted.

"So," he started, "what if you told me something about it every so often. Small bits of history may complete the puzzle that's my lost memory. Maybe you could tell me the brief facts but nothing to shocking, maybe?" he finished, looking down.

There was silence for a few seconds as the group looked to be thinking about their options: they could tell him little memories and events of the past few days, this would help speed up his recovery but also risk triggering another panic attack, or they could not tell him anything and wait for who knows how long for his memories to return naturally...

That is if they ever come back at all.