Food For Thought

"Well then, if ya want to know we'll tell ya." a thick accent broke through the unspoken discussion. "After all, it's your mind, aye?"

Harry first looked at Carlos with a grin and warm, kind eyes before staring round the group as to show the decision was final.

"I don't think there'll be a problem if we tell him bits and pieces. It'll help speed recovery and we can search more thoroughly for things his mind has deeply forgotten!" Evie spoke up.

"Exactly. So girls and boys, here's what we're gonna do: I propose we spend the next few days taking Carlos along the path we walked during the attack from Aud- the witch." he explained, a low growl erupting from him at the mention of Audrey. "We'll let him know briefly what happened and then see if he can remember anything himself."

Carlos let out a sigh of relief and excitement, he was finally going to get some answers! However at this moment a echoing roar tore through the air. He blushed heavily and lifted his head to the teen next to him:

"Is there anything good to eat around here?"

The group laughed at this. Carlos had always been a big eater; he said it was to make up for all the food he never got as a kid. It was nice to see something hasn't changed.

"You did just consume a large amount of chocolate-"

"But I've been asleep for I don't know how long so I need to make up for it. Now, I'm hungry and want some food, any suggestions?"

"Why don't we head to the cantine at school and we can see what they're serving today?" said Ben.

"OK then, let's go." Harry commenced, stretching a hand out to Carlos (who took it but quickly moved away after feeling a shock run through him) and led the group away from the forest.

It took a few minutes of walking, mainly because Carlos was stopping every few seconds to look at something that caught his eye, but they soon arrived at their school. The grey stone building stood proud in front of them with it's gleaming windows and towering turrets. A certain tower caught the white-haired boy's eyes... the windows looked a little to bright...

"Welcome to Auradon Prep!" a voice began, snapping Carlos from his thoughts, " A school full of goody-two-shoes' and prissy princes and princesses. You will-"

"Alright then," said Ben, stopping Mal who was smirking devilishly, "why don't we head in and do a little sight-seeing before lunch begins?" The school was not running normal lessons at the moment but provided three meals a day and accommodation for anybody who needed it.

"Sure..." said Carlos, hesitating slightly before pushing open the grand oak doors to the- his- school. Let the search begin.