Reunited

It was wonderful.

The water was crystal clear with dazzling diamonds splayed on top. The air was warm with a gentle breeze causing a calmness to surround him. The small pavilion was mesmerising with its clay pillars and ivy curtains. The flowers were beautiful colours of red, pink and yellow. The sky was met with a small cavern of moss covered rock which led to a cascading waterfall which flowed into the lake around the pavilion.

It truly was enchanted. It was magical; as if it was out of a fairytale.

Carlos peered through his white hair and saw a group of people sitting in the pavillion, gazing out onto the lake. He caught parts of their conversations:

"This is better than the ports, hey-"

"I hope mum and dad are okay..."

"I wonder when Harry will arrive with-"

"Um, hi." Carlos spoke quietly to the backs of the strangers. They all whipped their heads around so fast it gave Carlos a nasty shock: he stumbled a little, but Harry caught him with his sturdy arms. He turned and gave him a small smile in thanks.

As he turned back around he was met with bone crushing arms, several of them.

"Oh Carlos I'm so glad you're okay we were worried and I was scared you weren't going to come but here you are and oh how are you are you in pain do you want to sit down-"

"Hey princess, chill." Harry mumbled pointedly looking down at Carlos who was shaking with wide eyes.

"Oh gosh, I'm so sorry..."

"And does everyone want to give him some space?" he asked glaring into everyone's eyes. After the whole Audrey incident he was non-verbally declared their leader. It wasn't a choice really. The task right now was to help Carlos and Harry was the best for it.

They all trudged back mumbling "aye captain." and "got it."

He gently nudged Carlos from behind and they walked down to the pavilion together. The gentle rushing of the waterfall put their minds at ease.

The rest followed and soon they were sitting in a small circle. It was awkward at first, nobody knew how to start. Carlos was gazing at them one by one, as if they were a puzzle he was trying to complete.

"How about ya each introduce yourse-" A small voice spoke into the tense air.

"Jay."

Carlos was looking at the built boy decked out in tight leather with his long hair in a bun.

"Mal. Evie."

He pointed at the two girls sitting side by side. Smiles appeared on their faces at the recognition.

"And, um, um, you're, give me a second..."

The silence was deafening. They sat with bated breaths.

"Uma." he looked at the girl with dreadlocks. Her blue streaks almost blending in with the water.

"Gil." he pointed to the lad who was sporting a giant grin.

"And Harry." he finally stated at the boy who had helped him. They gazed at each other for a few moments and Carlos felt something in his chest. What was it?

Huge sighs echoed across the group as they looked at each other with relief.

He remembered.

"Wait!" Carlos shouted. "I know your names, I don't know how, but I know nothing about any of you. I'm kind of in limbo right now with what's real and what's not, um..." he stumbled looking down.

"Talk to me, please."