Lunchtime Madness

The room was quiet except for light footsteps moving around examining pictures and books and shelves. Several faces were an ocean of emotions: worry, happiness, hope, sadness, anger. There was a underlying ripple of anger flowing through each of them.

Most of this anger was coming from a certain icy-eyed teen who followed the motions of the footsteps with an intense gaze. He was mad at what had happened to Carlos and wanted, with a burning desire, to help him. He was also angry for the fact that Carlos didn't remember that he and Harry were together, in a relationship, and he had to act like they were just friends or acquaintances.

Harry didn't like to lose yet he had lost his most precious treasure: Carlos.

It was unfair that Carlos was born with magic that was capable of good and extraordinary things, only to have to let it go to stop a stupid princess destroying their world. He never even had the chance to explore or use his powers himself. Who knew what Carlos would have achieved?

A voice broke through the silence and the group looked over to it.

"Um, can we go and get some food? I'm, I'm kinda hungry." he looked down sheepishly.

"Aye, I second that. Where can we get some good grub, ey?" Harry asked Ben and elbowing the King in his ribs with mischief in his eyes. Uma grinned at the pirate's antics.

"It will be time for dinner in a few minutes so we can head down there now if you like." he said.

"Great." replied Carlos. It happened again, his feet moved without his mind knowing where to go. He decided to see where his instincts were taking him and again walked ahead of the group. The rest of them followed out of the room hastily and down the corridor where Carlos had retreated.

The gang retraced their steps and walked back down to the Entrance Hall. This time, the snowy-haired boy walked in the opposite direction and down to the other side of the school. Two large- but not as large as the main- doors met them up ahead and above them was a sign saying 'dining room'.

Carlos looked around with a proud smile.

"It looks like I haven't forgotten everything then." he confessed.

"Just the important stuff." he mumbled turning and walking through the doors. A pregnant silence fell throughout the room as he walked in. Eyes everywhere stared at him as he took cautious steps into the room. The silence lasted a moment before cheers and applause erupted through the room.

All of the adults, teachers, children, everyone, stood up and thanked Carlos. His eyes widened in fright and stepped back. He bumped into someone and turned around to see Harry.

"Y'alright pup? Is it too loud?"

Carlos replied with a short breath and a nod. He had involuntarily started shaking- which went unnoticed by the diners- and the taller lad placed his hands securely on each of Carlos' shoulders.

"Do you want me to get them to be quiet?" he asked with a little grin.

Another nod.

"Alright," he turned around to the hall, pushing Carlos behind him slightly, and lifted his hooked hand into the air, "shut it ya scoundrels. It's good you're thanking him but stop being insensitive. You know what happened to him!"

Immediately the crowd fell silent. Harry's eyes were glaring and gleaming threateningly as they all sat down and apologised quietly. With a smirk, he turned back around to Carlos and crouched down a little so they were face to face.

"It's quiet now, is that better?"

"Yeah, thank you Harry." 

"No problem pup. Shall we eat now?"

Carlos nodded and gripped onto Harry's hook as they walked towards the food area. He picked up the first thing he saw (a burger and fries) and sat down at a smaller table. With shaking hands he took a bite- unaware of the gang's eyes on him- and ate quickly. He smiled slightly in thanks when Jay handed him a soda.

Throughout the meal, Carlos was quiet. Several people came over and thanked him for using his powers to save everyone and that his bravery and near sacrifice would go down in history. All Carlos did was nod his head and the rest of the group took the gifts to save for later. Right now he was not feeling very brave... at all.

The meal ended and the group stood up to leave.

"I need some air." Carlos spoke almost inaudibly and walked away from the group.

"I'll come with you. Just in case."

For a moment, Carlos froze and stopped in his tracks and considered Harry's words. He then nodded and the two left the room together.

"Well," Mal began, "now they have some alone time maybe Carlos will recall some of their important memories together."

"Oh I hope so." said Evie. "I can't believe everyone started shouting and cheering. It would have reminded him of Audrey no doubt. I hope he can relax a little now."

"Me too. Let's go to my office and we can discuss what we can do to help Carlos more." declared Ben.

So the group left the dining room and walked over to Ben's office, hoping Harry will help Carlos remember more memories.