Remembering Pt.2

"You three have been chosen to go to a new school... in Auradon!"

"Yeah, I'm not going. They have dogs there who eat boys who don't behave." Carlos argued and shuddered at the image of a giant viscous dog with sharp claws and piercing teeth. He shook his head to try and get rid of the image.

"You will go, you will find Fairy Godmother's wand and break the magic barrier. Easy peasy." Maleficent said with a glint in her eye, one that dared you to refuse her orders.

"Uh, fine. Let's go." Mal said and rolled her eyes before we left the house and into the sleek limousine waiting for us. 

Jay and Carlos shared a look before grappling to try all of the delicious-looking food in front of them. Some were salty like nuts and sweet like he didn't know what. There were creamy chocolates and shiny rock and chewy nougat. Everything tasted so good- unlike the tasteless and old food they ate on the Isle- that he wondered if he was dreaming. But before he could decide, after the incident with the barrier, they pulled up at the school. Auradon Prep. He and Jay tumbled out of the car, wrestling with a cool gadget from the vehicle, but stopped and chucked it away when they saw many pairs of eyes on them. Carlos didn't like all of the attention so stepped slightly behind Jay, who understood his thoughts and took a step forwards protectively.

"Welcome to Auradon Prep, where the doors of wisdom are never shut..."

His mind felt heavy as the scenes changed from his childhood to the present. He saw his mother and knew she wasn't good to him. Carlos knew he had every right to hate her but somehow he couldn't. Then he saw other children on the Isle which must have been where he grew up. He recognised some of the streets and children and people, all run down and dirty. He saw the faces of his friends: Evie, Mal and Jay. But not the pirates. Not Harry. Maybe he didn't see him because he already remembered him on his own. He saw a limo and Auradon Prep and all of a sudden he could remember his life there. Times spent in the labs with Evie making discoveries and doing experiments. Time on the field with Jay playing Tourney and Fencing, which Carlos was better at, as good as Jay. Times with Mal when they both needed some quiet time from their crazy new lives. The bonds he had with these people rekindled and his heart began to fill with emotions other than worry and pain and loss; he could feel love and happiness and care. It was pleasant...

"Get me that wand!" Uma ordered from on deck, her face full of anger at the group's successful plan. Carlos was running up the bridges to the tunnel leading back to the limo, his heart racing as the adrenaline rushed through him. He threw some smoke bombs onto the ground to give him more time to pull Ben away, yet as he raced towards the tunnel he was stopped by an unwelcome sight. Harry jumped down from above them, landing elegantly and pointing his sword at Carlos. Carlos felt all sorts of emotions run through him, the biggest one being confusion. Was Harry betraying them? Wasn't he on their side?

"Go." Harry spoke quietly as he lunged forwards with his sword to fend off a pirate sneaking up on Carlos. "Go." he repeated with a pleading look in his eyes, not wanting Carlos to get hurt.

"Thankyou." Carlos said before pulling the King away...

"Watch out!" Harry shouted and pulled Carlos backwards, the boy hitting his chest with a slight thud.

Carlos' eyes widened in surprise as the pirate moved forwards and stopped the knight from hurting him. He regained himself and gave Harry a smile before they parted to continue the battle. The armour was strong and unyielding, it took all of them plus some magic to bring them down. He looked around- as he slid across the floor on a shield- and was surprised to see Uma and Gil with Harry, working with the Core Four to defeat the knights. It was a pleasant surprise and Carlos recalled the moments they decided to work together to stop Audrey... Audrey...