Plans

Harry reached out just in time to catch Carlos before his upper body and head collided with the floor. He sighed in relief ,and to calm himself before beating up Mal for being so careless. He moved his hands underneath Carlos' body then lifted him up bridal style. He looked down at his pup's sleeping face and let out another sigh.

He gently placed Carlos' unconscious body onto the couch and brushed the hair out of his eyes. With clenched fists, he looked around at the gang and saw they were all shaken up at Carlos' panic attack. Evie was shaking and had to be held up by Jay. Mal was looking down in shame and was horrified at how insensitive she had been.

"Mal," Harry began in a deep voice, causing a shudder of fear to run through her body, "when he wakes up you're gonna get on your knees and beg for forgiveness. Then you're gonna shut up and think before you speak again, aye?" he stared at her threateningly.

"Yes." she whispered.

Uma looked at Mal and felt herself internally grin. Sure, she and Mal were no longer enemies but they still weren't best friends. She was a VK after all, and was going to enjoy Mal begging.

"Right then. Sit down." Harry ordered and everyone obeyed. Jay helped Evie sit and rubbed her arms comfortingly.

"Let's set some things straight. We don't want to go around talking about the Isle, alright? Clearly it's a touchy subject." Harry looked down at Carlos who had curled up slightly on the couch. "Right, what ideas have ya got?"

"I want to take him to the Tourney field. That's where we won our first match so it should bring up good memories. It might help him remember faces and names as well." said Jay.

"That's one place. We'll head there tomorrow." he declared and looked out the window where the sun was setting on the horizon, casting warm amber light into the room. Carlos' white hair seemed to glow slightly in the rays.

"Where else?"

Hesitatingly, Evie raised her hand and looked at Harry who nodded at her. He saw that she was shaken up by Carlos' panic attack and remembered how close the pair are... were.

"I think we should go down to the dungeons." she mumbled.

"Huh?" Harry asked as he didn't hear her clearly.

"The dungeons." she repeated loudly. "What happened in their made him lose his memory. Whether it was from the torture or Audrey's magic. I think going there will definitely trigger something. If he goes and sees and knows why everything happened to him, then maybe he will remember what he chose to fight for: Auradon and us."

Everyone was silent for a few moments as Evie's words sunk in. They made sense and, although they felt it was too early to take him there, they believed it was important.

"Right. Well, tomorrow morning we'll go down to the Tourney field and then after to the dungeons. We'll ask him first if he wants to go, aye?"

Everyone nodded and sank back into their seats. Harry looked down from where he was standing over Carlos. Ben saw how tired everyone was and spoke up:

"Does everyone want to go back to their dorms? Uma, you can go with the girls and Gil with Jay. We can meet in the dining hall tomorrow morning. How does that sound?" he asked Harry who nodded, his eyes still on Carlos.

Everyone bid goodnight before leaving to their rooms. Ben stopped at the door and looked over at Harry.

"You two can stay here tonight." he nodded before bidding him goodnight and shutting the door softly behind him.

Harry carefully sat down on the couch and put Carlos' head in his lap. He looked down at his love and saw he was frowning slightly in his sleep. He started to run his hands through the snowy hair and heard a small sigh. He smiled slightly before leaning back and closed his eyes, falling into a light sleep.