Visits To The Past Pt.2

"My turn then, please." Ben announced.

Carlos looked over to the teen, he seemed to be refined and important. He wondered how he knew someone like Ben.

"Hello Carlos, I hope you are feeling better. Well, I'm Ben and I am the king of Auradon. It was my proclamation to allow a few children from the Ilse of the Lost to be given a chance to live here. And I'm proud to say it was a success. You were one of those children Carlos."

"Really? But why did you choose me when, I presume, there were many others?"

"Because you deserved a shot at a great life more than anybody and your intellect and love shouldn't go ignored."

"Oh." was the only reply he could muster. So he was smart and good... well it's a start.

"I remember the first time I saw how truly brave you were - of course I knew you were already with previous events. A hero, I might say. We had gone to the Ilse to convince Mal to return to us when I was taken. When you all came to rescue me you were charged with getting me to safety. There were pirates everywhere and I wasn't the most fit at that point. But you, Carlos, you put yourself in front of me at all times and risked your life to save mine with no hesitation. Your bravery and honour was a sight to behold and you were a main part of my rescue."

He was struck with thought. How could he have been so brave when right now he feels lost and afraid? Afraid of never being able to become who he once was.

Afraid that this wasn't real.

He must've been quiet for a while because someone was calling him from his thoughts.

"Carlos? Carlos?"

"Hmm?" he asked looking around to find the caller.

A voice came from above. "Are you okay?" It was Harry looking down at him, his face etched in worry.

"Fine. Just thinking."

"Well if you're done thinking I guess I'll go next. Sup Carlos, I'm Uma, and I'm the captain of the Wharf Rats and an enemy turned friend. My memory comes from a few days ago. I shouldn't tell you everything but it was late at night in the forest. You were up late and so was I. It was intriguing to watch that brain of yours work whilst you looked so focused. But then something happened and, I didn't realise this until later, you showed so much bravery and selflessness and strength that I wished you could have joined our crew years ago. I know that you don't think so know, but you are incredibly important in this world and without you we probably wouldn't be here today." she finished with a shrug.

"Thanks." he said quietly.

"Anytime." she replied with a smirk.