Chapter 12

"In the end, I would rather say I loved too much than not enough" 

And here I was.  Standing outside of my school, looking at the building. I was dreading going in honestly. 

Alessia elbowed me in the side. I turned to face her and she just smiled and linked our arms. "You're already here Y/n, there's no going back now," Alessia said. 

I sighed and let her drag me into school. She dragged me to her locker. 

As she was getting her books from her locker I scanned the faces in the hallways. 

I admit I was slightly paranoid, I knew I would have to face both Jackson and Camila today but I would put it off as long as I had to. I was pretty mad at the both of them if I'm being honest. 

I didn't realize how long I was zoned out for until the bell rang. 

"Alright, go to class, talk to Jackson at lunch and Camila after school. Don't think you can avoid this either. If you don't confront them, I will and you don't want that," Alessia said. 

I sighed but nodded. There really is no way to get out of this. The school day went by as usual until we hit lunch. 

Alessia and I were in the same class before lunch so we headed into the cafeteria together. 

I looked around and there he was. Jackson sitting there on his phone, not a care in the world. I immediately clenched my jaw in anger. 

"Go," Alessia said as she lightly pushed me forward. 

I approached Jackson, "Hey Jackson, can we talk somewhere in private?" I asked with a sickly sweet smile on my face. 

He looked up at me and instantly smiled, "Yeah, of course." 

"Great," I said and grabbed his elbow and dragged him into an empty classroom. 

I closed the door and turned to Jackson slowly. 

"We need to talk," I said seriously. 

"Talk? About what?" Jackson asked, confused. 

"Hmm, I don't know. Maybe about how you blackmailed Camila into breaking up with me," I said as I glared at him. 

His eyes instantly widened and he started making his way over to me. "No, no. Y/n I can explain, I swear," he said. 

I put my hand up to stop him from getting any closer. 

"Did you do it, Jackson?" I asked. 

"No, I would never do something like that," he said as he looked anywhere but my eyes. 

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you didn't," I said sternly. 

He looked into my eyes and opened his mouth but nothing came out. I just stared at him expectantly. He gulped and nodded, looking down at the ground. "I blackmailed Camila into breaking up with you." 

I shook my head and leaned against the wall. "You know, I already knew you were a douche but really? Blackmailing the girl I'm in love with to break up with me?" I questioned.