Chapter 5

"I made a wish and you came true"

Camila and I had been hanging out practically every day for a little over 2 weeks now. 

My feelings for her are definitely getting stronger. 

It sucks though, I feel like she'll never like me back. 

Besides that, everything has been surprisingly calm. 

I haven't seen Jackson since the night I caught him with Elijah which is odd but I'm not complaining. 

Elijah, on the other hand, I have been seeing. Every time I see him in the hallways or sitting at lunch he stares at me like a hurt puppy. 

And every time I feel bad but then remember what happened and feel angry but also sad. One of your best friends suddenly vanishing from your life isn't exactly easy. 

Whenever I get reminded of what happened, I tear up. I miss him, that's for sure but at this point, it's not my job to rekindle our friendship, it's his. 

"Hey Y/n, you good?" I heard Normani say to me. We were currently at lunch. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, just thinking about what happened," I shrugged it off.

 Mani sighed and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "I know it's not okay right now but It's gonna be okay," she said. 

I smiled and looked at her, "Thanks Mani." 

She gave me a light squeeze before letting me go and saying, "It's no problem, you know I'm always here if you need me." 

At this point, Camila who was sitting on my left (Normani was on my right), noticed my interaction with Normani.

 She looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "Everything okay?" she asked. 

"Yea, I'm fine," I smiled at her. She returned the smile and grabbed my hand under the table. 

"I know you're not fine but I'll be here until you are," she said while squeezing my hand. 

I didn't have time to respond because she turned back to her conversation with Dinah. I admired her side profile until I noticed Ally staring at me from the corner of her eye. I looked at her questioningly. 

"I approve," is all she said. I was left very confused but just shrugged it off. 

The rest of the school day was pretty boring honestly. I mean math class was interesting because I sat with Camila. 

It felt like she was flirting with me all period long but I just think it's her personality at this point. 

I was home, upstairs in my room playing my guitar when I heard a knock on the front door. 

I got up and opened the door to find Camila standing there with a smile. 

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming over?" I stated but it was more of a question. 

I led her in then closed the door behind her. Once I turned to face her, I found her already staring at me. 

"I just missed you and wanted to hang out," She shrugged with a goofy smile on her face.