Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Masama ang loob ko nang magising kinabukasan. I felt like a fool! How it did never occurred to me that the bastard might be behind this arrangement?

Of course, he'd pull strings to get what he wants. He's filthy rich, so he just have to make a call to demand something from someone and then he'll get exactly what he wanted.

Well, that does not work for me!

Inis kong inilapag ang dyaryo sa harapan. I've lost interest in reading local news and angrily pushed a button to turn on my TV. The sudden sound startled Barin, who was sleeping by the TV stand. He stretched and then walked quietly towards me.

"Self-centered brute..." I muttered angrily under my breath as I petted Barin. "Hindi ko alam kung anong pumasok sa isipan niya't sinubukan niyang bilhin ang oras ko!"

Sighing loudly, I decided to dismiss the negative thoughts. Looking at the brighter side, Blake was true to his words. Audrey called early in the morning to inform me that the money has been transferred promptly. Now, they want me to attend meetings that would have to talk about the renovation of the theatre. They're asking for suggestions and wants to draw inspiration from the Miriinsky theatre in Russia, even just a small resemblance with what little money they have.

I assured her na pupunta ako at hindi palalampasin ang meeting na iyon. From what I heard, it would take less than a year to finish the renovation and make sure it caused as little inconvenience as possible to the practicing ballerinas.

Pagkatapos kong pakainin si Barin ay nagpunta ako sa loob ng kwarto. I still have three huge boxes of shoes and heels that I haven't fix yet. Isa-isa ko iyong nilabas at nilinisan. I sorted it out and placed it neatly to the shoe shelf, wondering when I'll be ever to wear this nice pair of white satin heels or the black pumps I impulsively bought when I arrived.

Habang nag-aayos ako ay tumunog ang doorbell. Lazily, I got up and glanced at myself in the mirror. I'm only wearing a white thin crop top and grey sweatpants. Shrugging, I went out to answer the door and came face to face with a huge bunch of pink roses.

The struggling face of the delivery man suddenly popped out, smiling apologetically at me.

"Miss Savannah De la Rua?"

"Yes..." I hesitantly answered.

"Delivery for you, Ma'am."

Dahil naaawa ako kay Kuya na medyo nahihirapan na sa pagbitbit ng bulaklak ay nilakihan ko ang siwang ng pinto at pinapasok siya. As soon as he stepped inside, three more delivery men followed, each carrying a huge basket of freshly-picked pink and white roses. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko.

"Teka, kanino 'to galing?"

"Uh..." he glanced at his notepad as soon as he placed the basket of roses atop my table. Iniabot niya ito sa akin nang nakangiti. "Kay Mr. Blake Sobreval po, Ma'am."

Fury started to boil inside of me but before I could stop them, the two went out and then came back with more baskets of roses. Sa liit ng apartment ko ay nahirapan pa kaming ilagay nang maayos ang mga bulaklak.

"Did he buy the entire flower shop?" I said under my breath, scowling at the innocent flowers.

Binilang ng delivery man ang mga basket at nag-double check sa kaniyang notes bago tumango-tango. Nilapitan niya ako.

"Pirma niyo nalang po, Ma'am."

I angrily scratched my signature at the paper and then give it back to him, scowling. He must've noticed my sour mood because he grinned.