Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I am not really close with Gabriel's wife but I thought it would be insensitive to show up without something to give. So in the last minute, I decided to order some unisex baby items from Ralph Lauren and contacted a colleague to make sure it has been shipped fast and pulled some strings to ensure the security of the packages as it arrived three hours before the party.

Habang abala ako sa pag-aayos ng sarili sa harap ng salamin ay biglang lumapit si Barin sa akin. He lazily laid his head on my lap and stared at me adorably.

"Wish I could take you to the party but you'll scare the guests..." I chuckled and pinched his black nose. "Just have fun with Salvador here in the mansion, okay? He's the only person you allow to pet you so be nice to him!"

Kung may makakita man sa akin ngayon ay iisipin na atang nasiraan ako ng bait. But Barin and I shared a bond so strong that talking to him and treating him as a loyal companion than a rare pet is nothing unusual for me. Tinapos ko ang pag-aayos at tumayo na. I am wearing a golden pantsuit and black stiletto. My hair is twisted in a French chignon and did not bother to put any jewels or accessories.

Napalingon ako sa pinto nang may kumatok. Barin, being the overprotective puma that he is, immediately growled and was on his four legs, ready to leap on someone behind the door. I shushed him before going towards to open the door, revealing one of the young maids who insisted to help me fix myself earlier for the party.

"Nandito na po ang in-order niyo, Senyorita." She gestured towards the items placed carefully on a golden rolling cart. "Ako na po ang magbabalot."

"Great! Thanks."

"Uh... Senyorita, may bisita din po kayo."

Babalik na sana ako sa kwarto nang marinig ang sinabi niya. Nagtaas ako ng kilay, hinihintay ang susunod niyang sasabihin.

"Si Sir Blake po."

Napairap ako sa ere nang marinig ang sinabi niya. I gestured for her to just let him in as I have no choice. I know how that man's mind works. Either I let him in or he'll find a way to break into the mansion.

Nakaupo ako sa kama at inaayos ang laman ng purse ko nang may kumatok ulit. I didn't answer. A few moments later, the door opened. Blake stepped inside, looking striking with his fresh, clean cut. Nagtaas ako ng kilay pero walang sinabi. Maybe he decided to have a haircut before the party. Nevertheless, a buzz cut looks good on him but he will never get to tell me that to his face!

"What are you doing here?" masungit kong tanong sa kaniya.

He chuckled. "Magandang hapon din sa iyo, Anna."

I glared and gave him a brief once-over. He's wearing a pair of gray slacks and a darker shade of gray for his button-down. I suspected it is a bespoke British garment or the clothes in the shopping mall just looks good on him.

"What is it?"

"Susunduin kita." he said, crouching down to pet Barin when he went near him.

"No, thanks. I have six cars to choose from and different drivers that could drive me to your house." Pagmamatigas ko.

"I don't care if you have an entire royal procession waiting for you, Anna." nagulat ako nang bumuntong-hininga siya. Kulang nalang ay irapan niya ako! "Nandito ako para sunduin ka."

"Hey! Did you just glare at me right now?" I barked, frowning at him.

Blake gave me a boyish grin, dangerously playing absentmindedly with Barin's paws. "You look good in gold."