Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"You're married?!" my cousin shrieked from the other line. "You're really freaking married?!"

I winced and slightly pulled the phone away from my ear, waiting for Tina to calm down. When she did, saka ko ulit siya kinausap.

"Oo, Valentina. Kasal na ako."

"But... how... when...?" tigagal siya sa kabilang linya. I could only imagine the shock expression splattered across her elegant face like an artistic splash of paint in a canvas.

I chuckled and was dreaming again with my eyes open as I went back to the day I was happily and quietly married. Pagkatapos ay dumapo ang tingin ko sa nakadapang si Blake. He's still on the bed, half-naked, and grunting to himself. Kakagising lang niya at naniningkit ang mga mata sa kaharap niyang phone. The muscles on his back flexed a bit when he reached out to the side table and placed back his phone.

"I'll tell you the details of the story. Are you busy? Can you drop by Elyu? We're planning to celebrate our wedding again... this time, with friends and family."

"Of course, I'm always ready!" maagap niyang tugon kahit alam kong araw-araw ang 12-hour shift niya. I don't know what excuses she'll be making this time to be excused by her seniors and professors. But if she can make it to our celebration, I'll be happy.

"Okay. Sa lunes kami uuwi ni Blake."

"Inuna niyo pa ang honeymoon kesa ipaalam sa amin na kasal na pala kayo!" pang-aasar niya. My cheeks burned. I abruptly turned away from my husband when I noticed he's been staring at me tensely. Kinuha ko ang roba at naglakad patungo sa terrace saka isinuot ito bago tuluyang tumapak palabas. The sea is calmer now. I could see some local kids playing at the shore, collecting shells and digging the sand for little crabs.

"Isasama mo ba si Dr. Ciervo?" pag-iiba ko sa usapan.

"Huh? Ba't ko naman isasama yun? Last I checked, I'm not his babysitter." She blurted out quickly.

I smirked. "Oh, okay. I'll just ask Blake to invite him, then. You wouldn't mind if he's going to bring a date?"

"O-Of course not..." she choked. "I don't care what that guy does, Savia."

"Okay!" masigla kong wika, may namumuo ng masamang plano sa isipan. I bid goodbye to my cousin and just when I ended the call, I felt a pair of strong arms wrapping around my stomach.

"Good morning..." I gasped when Blake's hand slipped inside my thin nightgown, lightly caressing my sensitive skin and making lazy circles. Ipinatong niya ang baba sa balikat ko at pinagmasdan rin ang mga bata na nasa baba.

"Morning..." I said, almost breathless.

"Are you hungry?"

I bit my lower lip and looked away. I'm not sure which hunger he's pertaining to with that husky voice of his! My head started spinning and my heart jumped when his hand lost interest on my stomach and went higher, reaching for the mounds.

"I'm hungry. Let's have breakfast." I said briskly, trying to conceal the arousement I felt with his simple touches.

"Okay. We'll have breakfast in bed, love." He whispered and traced my jawline with wet kisses. My toes curl in anticipation as he pressed his body against mine and his lips touched the delicate column of my throat. Blake was busy with his morning business when the door bell rang.

He cursed, letting go of me. I was holding my breath until then and felt cold when his touch left my body.

"Disturbo." Nagkasalubong ang mga kilay niya at nilingon ang saradong pinto nang tumunog ulit ang doorbell. "Sino ba yan?"