Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I sat in front of a three-faced vanity mirror after taking a bath and began to brush my air. There was a storm last night, and it worried me that during the times when the harsh rain poured into the earth, Blake is still on his way home, driving.

Text ako nang text sa kaniya. I was anxious while waiting for his reply. It would take some time before he arrives at their mansion. And it would take longer because of the storm. He didn't reply to my text, but he called.

"Blake!"

"Miss me already?" he chuckled from the other line.

I pouted. Alalang-alala ako sa kaniya tapos bibiruin lang ako. My worries slowly dissipated into thin air as I sat at the edge of my bed, watching the storm rattle my windows.

"Nag-aalala ako. Ang tagal mong mag-reply!"

"Baby, I was driving. You know I'd reply to you as soon as I can when I'm not doing anything."

Mas humaba pa ang nguso ko. Is this how you date a matured man? That all your childish logics will go to waste because he always offers a rational reason to everything?

"I'm just glad you're okay..." I sighed.

"I'm okay, baby. No need to worry. You should sleep now. It's late."

Gusto kong magsumbong sa kaniya tungkol sa nakitang kalapastanganan ni Valerie kanina pero pinigilan ko ang sarili. It wouldn't do me any good. Blake can be a ruthless man sometimes. I've seen how he destroyed his opponents and outgrown his childish friends before. Once he decides on something, he'll do anything to achieve it. And if he is mad, there is nothing you can do but to avoid his wrath.

"Okay. I'm going to sleep now." I said silently.

"Good. I'll call you tomorrow."

I ended the call, still staring at the raging storm outside. Lonely nights like this makes me miss my Mama so much. It's a good thing that Barin sleeps in my room. I don't feel that lonely at all.

My first few weeks as a college student was terrible. I couldn't fit in right because most of the students are avoiding me and I don't know why. Hindi ko na sana iyon papansinin pero nang mapansin kong nagsisimula na ding dumistansiya si Jessica mula sa akin, doon na ako kinabahan.

Their unwelcoming behavior towards me made me believe that I am really an unlikable person. They buried me deep into my insecurities and reminded me that I could never be like my mother. No matter how I try to fix myself, I'm always going to end up unappreciated.

I glanced at the vanity mirror again and the sun has risen. Napaigtad ako nang marinig ng katok mula sa pinto.

Circling around the cushioned chair, I went to answer the door and saw one of our housekeepers.

"Senyorita, agahan na po."

Sinabihan ko siyang susunod na ako at isinara muli ang pinto. Sighing to myself, I quickly changed into my usual jeans and shirt before heading downstairs. Nakasunod si Barin sa akin.

When I saw a small crowd gathering in the grand parlor, my brows furrowed. Hinanap ko kaagad si Valerie. Just as I was ready to lecture her again into letting strangers inside the house, I bumped into a middle-aged woman.

"Sorry po, Senyorita." She said apologetically, and I noticed she was wearing the old uniform of Manang Joji. Mas lalo akong naguluhan.

Kahit na nalilito ay nginitian ko siya at patuloy na hinanap si Valerie. I found her at the dining hall, and a few more strangers seated at the table. Trying to hide my displease, I headed straight to her with a stoic face.