Part One - Chapter Thirty-Four: The Royal Wedding

Fernando took a deep breath as he stood at the front of Windsor Abbey, he looked around at the people that were attending his wedding; so many that he didn’t know who were royalty, dignitaries and other people of great importance.

Israel stood beside his brother looking around, at any moment Vanessa would be arriving with the wedding party and he knew that everyone was waiting for that moment.

Fernando resisted the urge to mess with his hair, he swallowed thickly trying to think of something that would calm him down; this was worse than taking a penalty and he didn’t like it.

Israel smiled as he spotted Charlotte walking into the church with Nora; he doubted that Fernando would have to wait much longer.

“She’s here,” Israel murmured hoping that it would ease his brother’s nerves, he knew how nervous Fernando felt and he doubted Vanessa would walk away from a guy like him.

Fernando breathed in a final deep breath as he watched Nora walked down the aisle, he smiled watching her scatter rose petals; she looked so cute in her dress and he couldn’t help but be proud.

Olalla was somewhere in the crowd, she had been invited to the wedding since she was Nora’s mother; however Aaron hadn’t been invited in fear that he would cause some type of scene.

Next down the aisle was Charlotte, who smiled at the sight of Fernando glad that he hadn’t done runner; she would have dragged him back herself if he had.

Fernando swallowed as the wedding march started to play, he smiled a little realising that this was it; his eyes focused on the one person that he wanted to see right now.

Vanessa looked beautiful in her dress and Fernando couldn’t take his eyes off her; he smiled as George slowly walked his fiancée up the aisle.

The Archbishop of Andorra stood in front of Fernando as Vanessa walked down the aisle to him, he was thrilled to stand over the wedding of the future Queen of his country; it had been a long time since he had presided over a wedding.

Fernando grinned staring at Vanessa, he couldn’t believe that this was actually happening; he couldn’t take his eyes off her even if he tried.

“You look beautiful,” Fernando mouthed when Vanessa was finally stood beside him, it didn’t take Vanessa that long even though he knew that it was a three minute walk down the aisle.

Vanessa grinned as the Archbishop of Andorra started to open their wedding, she could barely listen as he spoke unable to take her eyes off Fernando; she didn’t feel so nervous anymore.

“Who gives this woman to be married to this man?” the Archbishop of Andorra asked smiling, it had been a long time since the entire world had looked upon his country and one royal wedding had changed that.

They had never had a former footballer as a member of the royal family and everyone was so curious about the royal couple; it could only bring good things to their country.

“I do,” George said proudly as he pressed a kiss to Vanessa’s hand before he passed her over to Fernando, he had tears in his blue eyes before he moved sit down beside his mother.

Elizabeth took a shaky breath and took George’s hand, Vanessa looked so happy and she was sure that this was the start of good things; Bojan was sat with Joseph who was trying to keep his nephew calm.

“Let me charge you both to remember, that your future happiness is to be found in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence, and affection,” the Archbishop of Andorra said smiling, he looked down at the couple who hadn’t been able to look away from one another; he had a feeling that this would be a marriage to watch in the future.