Part Two - Chapter Sixteen: Bojan's First Birthday

Vanessa smiled picking up her son, she couldn't believe that it had been a year since he had come into the world; she cuddled him knowing that she was so happy that this day had arrived. 

Vanessa kissed Bojan's chummy cheeks and smiled at him, he looked so much like his father and she couldn't help but be happy right now; it seemed unreal that they were having a party for him. 

"Shall we see what papa is doing?" Vanessa whispered to her son, she knew that today was going to be strange but they were going to have to get used to it. 

Vanessa was always going to miss her father on days like this but it was important that she moved forward, she couldn't stop her entire life because she missed him but she would always remember George on days like this. 

Walking out of Bojan's bedroom, Vanessa headed into the living room carrying Bojan in her arms; they were due to head to Bruckstone Palace so that they could go to Bojan's birthday party. 

They were expecting a lot of family members to be at that party, Fernando's entire family had flown out to Andorra to be there for a big day; they were still getting used to the fact that their son was now royalty. 

Fernando's parents adored their grandson and were looking forward to seeing him on his first birthday and they had been surprised when Vanessa had told them about the party; they didn't know what to expect when it came to spending the day with the royal family. 

"Papa," Bojan squealed clapping his hands, he looked at his father who smiled moving to take him from Vanessa; the couple knew that it was going to be a long day and they hoped that Bojan would be okay with that. 

Nora looked up from her seat on the couch, her adorable peach premium dress with belt for the party; she smiled at the sight of her younger brother.

***

Flori Torres fussed over Bojan as she walked with her grandson, the party was wonderful and she was so happy that Vanessa had included her in all of this; she was so happy to spend time with her grandchildren. 

Bojan was so cute especially in the blue contrast trim polo and stone shorts that he was wearing, he toddled alongside his grandmother with an adorable smile on his face. 

Vanessa watched them from a distance, she still couldn't believe how well things seemed to be going; she took a deep breath and wondered what was going to happen next for them. 

Vanessa knew that her sister's wedding was in eight days and she was sure that things were going to run just fine; she just hoped that no one was going to cause any drama, it hadn't escaped her notice that her mother was hovering around. 

Maria still wanted her daughters and son to speak to her, she was determined to get back in with them now that Vanessa was going to be Queen; she wanted to be known as the Queen Mother something that she had lost out on when she had remarried. 

Vanessa brushed some hair from her face as Fernando stood next to her, she peeked at her husband with a small smile; she wanted nothing more than to focus on their son instead of her mother who was sneaking around. 

"I can't believe that he's one already," Vanessa whispered looking at Fernando, she felt a little emotional that they were already celebrating their son's first birthday. 

Fernando nodded wrapping an arm around his wife, the party seemed to be going well and the woodland theme that they had chosen had gone down well with everyone there.

"He's a big boy," Fernando murmured kissing his wife, he didn't care that someone might take their picture; he loved his wife and there was no shame in that, he pulled back and peeked over at Bojan who was with his parents. 

Vanessa smiled at the look on her husband's face, she knew how lucky they were and she was sure that things would get better; she wanted nothing more than for them to be okay, things were going to be stressful for them soon. 

"And soon he'll be a big brother," Vanessa teased smiling, she looked away from Fernando as her husband nodded his head before he stopped and looked at her; she watched Bojan playing with his grandparents waiting for Fernando to realise what she had said. 

Fernando stared at his wife, her words slowly sinking in and he wondered for a moment if he had heard her right; he wanted nothing more than for it to be true since he loved the idea of them having another baby. 

"You're pregnant?" Fernando murmured taking her hand and making Vanessa look at him, he wanted nothing more than for it to be true; they had been talking about having another baby before Bojan reached the age of three. 

Vanessa smiled and nodded her head, she had only found out a few days earlier but she had wanted to wait to tell him; she had seen the royal doctor yesterday to confirm that she was pregnant. 

"Three weeks," Vanessa confirmed lightly, she wanted nothing more than to share this with him and she couldn't believe how fast that they had conceived their second child together. 

Fernando stared at his wife for a moment, he started to grin before he stepped forward and kissed Vanessa; he couldn't believe that they were going to have another baby together. 

Vanessa smiled into the kiss, her mint green dress and jacket made it easy to hide any early sign that she was pregnant with their second child.

***

Vanessa pressed a kiss to the top of Bojan's head, she brushed her fingers through her son's brown hair; she couldn't believe that things had gone so well, she peeked at the birthday cake that seemed so big now. 

Fernando was talking with his mother and father, he looked so happy since she had told him that they were going to have another baby; they would wait a while before announcing that they were expecting again. 

There was so much coming up in the next few months, Charlotte was getting married, they had a coronation to prepare for and now at the end of the year they would be welcoming a new royal baby. 

"Mama," Bojan babbled smiling up at his mother, he had no idea how much things were going to change when the new baby was born; she hoped that he would be prepared for what was going to happen. 

Vanessa kissed her son, she couldn't believe that things were going to be moving so quickly this year and she hoped that Bojan was ready for his baby sibling to arrive; she didn't want him feeling pushed out when that wasn't going to happen. 

Fernando looked over to his wife and watched her with their son, he couldn't believe that things were working out so well for them; he couldn't wait to share the news with his family. 

Flori and José loved spending time with their grandchildren, they were going to be in Andorra for the entire summer and they would be attending a number of events with the family. 

"You still look so in love," Israel teased looking at his younger brother, he was pleased to see that things were working out so well for him. 

They had all been worried when Fernando had married Vanessa that he wouldn't be able to cope with the role of royalty but he seemed to be handling it quite well after everything that had happened.