Part Two - Chapter Twenty-Four: Non-Important Worries

"How are you feeling?" Vanessa asked sipping on her water, it was only a week away from the big day and she knew how tense things could get in the run down; she was sure that everything would be fine on the day of the wedding.

Everything had fallen into place for the wedding and the final details were being put into place; Joseph had been pretty calm and so had Ethan about all of this.

"Fine," Joseph replied softly, he wasn't nervous about the wedding and he knew that things would change; he would be the first royal in history to have a wedding like this and he knew he would be changing things for so many people.

Vanessa nodded her head, she had done everything that she could to make this easy on him and she wanted to ensure that he didn't have any problems; she was sure that he would do just fine.

"Have there been any issues?" Joseph murmured watching his sister, he knew that there were people out there that wished to protest the fact that he was going to marry Ethan; it was always going to happen and Ethan had told him to ignore it all.

They were public figures and they were going to show the world that there was nothing wrong with loving each other, they were happy and Joseph hoped that everyone would be able to see that.

"Only the one issue," Vanessa told him, she knew that she couldn't hide this from him and they were always going to have this issue whenever big royal events came up.

It was no surprise that Maria had demanded to know where her invite to the wedding was even after what her husband had done; she was determined to make her presence known and to be in the lime-light when her only son got married to his partner.

"Madre wants to be at the wedding," Vanessa informed her brother, she knew that it was his call if she was there and Joseph had made it clear that she wasn't to be invited to his wedding.

Maria hadn't been there for him since she had taken off with her new husband, she hadn't looked back and Joseph had grown up knowing that she hadn't cared enough to stay with George.

"I don't want her there," Joseph insisted with a shake of his head, he didn't care what Maria wanted and she was nothing but trouble; she hadn't spoken to him in years and now she expected an invite to his bloody wedding.

It never surprised Joseph how selfish their mother could be, he wanted nothing to do with her and he wanted to focus on his wedding and enjoying what was meant to be the happiness day of his life.

"I know," Vanessa reassured softly, she had no idea why Maria couldn't see that they wanted nothing to do with her; they would never forgive her for walking out on them and changing their lives the way that she did.

It was something that would always haunt the three siblings, they would never forget how their own mother had betrayed them without a second thought.

"Have you given any thought on what you are going to do?" Joseph asked trying to change the subject, he didn't want to think about Maria and he knew that it wasn't a subject that any of them were comfortable with.

If Maria turned up at the wedding then she would be turned away, she wasn't welcome and as far as Joseph was concerned then he never wanted to have anything to do with her again.

"I have," Vanessa said with a smile, she wasn't going to reveal the titles that she would give her brother when he married Ethan; she was sure that he would like the ones that she had decided on.

It had been a long road for Joseph and Vanessa just wanted her brother to be happy no matter what he did.

***

"How is the apartment?" Fernando asked looking at Olalla, they had just picked Nora up from school and he was still surprised at the fact that she was actually going to end her marriage with Aaron over all of this.

It had never crossed Fernando's mind that Olalla would do something like that, she had seemed so happy with Aaron and they'd had Isabel to think about as well; he wanted to make sure that she was okay.

"It's wonderful, thank you," Olalla said softly, she had no idea what she would have done without his help especially when it came to finding a good apartment for her and Isabel to live in at short notice.

Of course, Olalla would have to go back to London and pack up her things but she was still determined to move to Andorra to be closer to her eldest daughter; she wasn't going to change her mind and if Aaron wanted their marriage to survive then he was going to have to make a decision.

"It wasn't a problem," Fernando said ushering Nora towards the car, he was very aware that there were paparazzi watching them and he knew they'd been abuzz with the news that Olalla was leaving her husband to come and live here.

They were trying to spin the story that Fernando was moving her closer because he was still in love with her, they had been together for nine years before they had ended their relationship since they were better off friends.

"Any news from Aaron?" Fernando asked curious about the teacher, he didn't want any drama and he could only imagine what Aaron would say if he was approached by some journalist.

It was the last thing that Fernando wanted, he was preparing for another royal wedding and the birth of his second child with Vanessa was only a couple of months away.

"No," Olalla whispered with a shake of her head, she honestly didn't think her marriage was going to survive and she hoped that her in-laws would be able to talk some sense into him before he did something stupid.

Fernando sighed shaking his head, he knew what he would do if he was having marriage trouble with Vanessa; he would never have let it get to this point where his wife would want to get away from him.

"I'm sorry," Fernando said opening the car door so that Olalla could get inside, he moved to help Nora into her seat and knew that he was never going to let anything hurt his children.

It was one thing to have their lives changed because their parents were royalty, but Fernando knew that there would always be people out there that would want to hurt them no matter who they were or what they were doing.

Aaron was one of those people, he judged them because of the role they had in the world that he would never understand and Fernando wished that he could see how much work that he and Vanessa did for their country.

"It's not your fault," Olalla murmured watching Fernando with Nora, she was happy that at least one of her children had a wonderful father and she knew that she couldn't ask for better.

Fernando had always been so wonderful with Nora, he had been there even when they had broken up and Olalla knew that she had been stupid to let him go.

It didn't matter anymore because he had Vanessa now and Olalla had no intentions of becoming the next Camilla; she had moved on with her life and Fernando was always going to be there for Nora and that was what mattered.

Moving to get into the car, Olalla wondered what was going to happen to her marriage and if she would ever see Aaron again; she had a feeling that it would be a while before she knew what was going on.

Fernando closed Nora's car door and looked at the security officers that were ready to follow them anywhere.