Part Two - Chapter Seventeen: Princess Charlotte's Wedding

Vanessa smiled as she carefully climbed out of the car, she gave a little wave to the crowds outside of the church and smoothed her red delicate lace sheath off-the-shoulder knee-length dress out; she had a good feeling about her sister's wedding. 

Fernando smiled moving to take his wife's arm, he waved to the crowds knowing that the entire country was watching them again; he knew that it was another boost for the country and a royal wedding always cheered the people up. 

Charlotte and Henri had decided to get married in a simpler ceremony than Vanessa and Fernando had, while the guest list was still quite large they would be marrying in St Paul's Church where the Christmas and Easter services were usually held. 

Vanessa and Fernando made their way up the steps and into the church, they both knew that Charlotte would be arriving soon and it was going to be a good day for the family.

Fernando pressed a kiss to his wife's lips, he was going to be walking Charlotte down the aisle since George wasn't around to do it anymore; he was sure that today would be a happy one for them all even if it was tinged with sadness that George wasn't there. 

Bojan was with the nanny since she was keeping him during the ceremony, he was a little too young to attend and Nora was going to be a flower girl for the wedding meaning that she was already there. 

"You look beautiful," Fernando whispered to Vanessa, she was four weeks pregnant and he knew that it would be several weeks before the news could be shared with anyone else. 

Vanessa smiled at Fernando, she had a feeling that today was going to be just fine and she knew that there wasn't as much pressure for this wedding as there had been on her own; she just wanted her younger sister to be happy.

***

Charlotte smiled as she walked down the aisle with Fernando, she couldn't believe that she was actually getting married and she couldn't keep her eyes off Henri who looked handsome in his suit. 

Charlotte moved gracefully down the aisle, she couldn't imagine anything could make this day better and everything seemed to be going to plan; her family were watching her marry the man that she loved and that was all that mattered to her right now. 

Henri smiled at the sight of Charlotte, she looked so beautiful in her dress and he couldn't wait to call her his wife; he had been waiting a long time for this moment and he was so happy. 

The palace had announced that morning that Charlotte would become the Duchess of El Serrat and Vanessa had extended the same curious that their father had to Fernando for Henri who would officially become Prince Henri upon his marriage to Charlotte. 

Stopping at the front of the church, Fernando kissed Charlotte's cheek and moved to hand her over to Henri; he stepped away from the front of the church and moved to sit down next to Vanessa with a smile. 

"Let me charge you both to remember, that your future happiness is to be found in mutual consideration, patience, kindness, confidence, and affection," the Archbishop of Andorra said smiling, he looked down at the couple who hadn't been able to look away from one another; he knew that he was going to be a busy man this year. 

Between this wedding, Vanessa's coronation and Joseph's wedding in September the country had never been so big and the Archbishop of Andorra was pleased that things were going so well for them. 

"Henri Christopher James, will you have Charlotte Amelia Lucy Bellcroft to be your wife, to live together as friend and mate? Will you love her as a person, respect her as an equal, sharing joy as well as sorrow, and triumph as well as defeat. And keep her beside you as long as you both shall live?" the Archbishop of Andorra said turning his attention to Henri while he spoke.