Part One - Chapter Twenty-Six: The Top Three

Fernando slowly led Vanessa into the finished nursery, he was excited to finally show her what he had been doing; they only had eleven weeks until the baby was born.

“Can I peek yet?” Vanessa asked with her eyes closed, she had no idea what Fernando might have done for the nursery but she was a little excited; she brushed a hand against her bump thinking about her little boy.

The past six and a half months had flown by and Vanessa was sure that the next couple of months would flyby; she just couldn’t wait to hold her baby in her arms.

“Okay… now you can look,” Fernando said stopping, he looked around the room and grinned at what he had been able to do; he refused to allow anyone else to help.

Vanessa slowly opened her hazel eyes, she blinked surprised as she slowly took in the lime green and cream nursery that her fiancé had put together; it was decorated in a forest theme and she was surprised by what he had done.

“Nando…” Vanessa whispered in awe as she rested her hand on the dark wood of the cot; she didn’t know what to say about the room, she hadn’t expected any of this.

Fernando walked over to Vanessa and wrapped his arms around her, he brushed his fingers against the stretched skin that held his son safe inside.

“I wanted something special for Niño,” Fernando said with a shrug of his shoulders, he had grown so used to calling his son by his nickname but they would need a proper name for him soon.

Vanessa smiled and kissed Fernando, she had no idea how he had done it but she loved the room that had been transformed for their baby.

***

Nora munched on her mashed potatoes, she talked about her day at school as she had dinner with Fernando and Vanessa; she was excited about being back at school with her friends.

“Have you decided on a name yet?” Nora asked curiously, she peeked at her father knowing that she couldn’t wait for her baby brother to be born; she was sure that he would be so cute.

Fernando and Vanessa shared a look, they hadn’t decided on a final name for their baby just yet but they did have three names now; they were sure when the time came that they would be able to pick a name for him.

“We haven’t decided yet but… Noah, Joshua and Bojan are our top three,” Vanessa said smiling at the little girl, she brushed some hair from her face; she was sure that the three names would be perfect and it wouldn’t be long before they had to choose.

Nora nodded her head, she turned back to her dinner while Fernando watched her; he knew that it hadn’t been easy for her recently and he felt bad that Olalla had been a little off with her.

Olalla had phoned to announce that she and Aaron had just found out that she was pregnant, she had been so excited that she hadn’t really asked Nora about school or her life in Andorra with her father.

“How was school?” Vanessa asked softly, she knew that Nora was a little upset that she hadn’t spoken to her mother in nearly a week; Olalla was busy with Aaron and her excitement about the new baby.

Nora shrugged, she liked her new school and her friends didn’t judge her just because her step-mother would one day be the Queen; she felt safe and was happy that she had come to Andorra.

“It was good,” Nora said, she had recounted her lessons for the day and she knew that her father and Vanessa were worried that she might be bullied at school.

“Will I get a title when you get married?” Nora asked looking at Vanessa and Fernando with big brown eyes, she understood now that she might not be a princess because she wasn’t Vanessa’s daughter but there was a chance that she could be something.

Vanessa sipped on her water, she knew that Nora was curious but she truly didn’t have an answer for her; she wouldn’t know if Fernando had been granted one until the morning of their wedding.

“It isn’t really up to me… it comes from higher up,” Vanessa said smiling sadly, she knew that it would be several months before they found out what would happen; she didn’t want to get Nora’s hope up.

Vanessa had sat the five year old down and slowly talked her through what would happen when Fernando and her married, things would change and Nora would have to be prepared.

“But there’s a good chance,” Fernando said trying to cheer his daughter up, he didn’t want her getting down; he was sure that George would give her a small title, he didn’t want any jealously between Nora and the baby.

Vanessa nodded her head, she doubted that her father wouldn’t give them titles but it was still something that they would have to wait and see about; it would be a while before they found out.

***

“What would Nora’s title be?” Fernando asked softly after his daughter had gone to bed, he was curious about what his daughter would be titled after he had married Vanessa; he wanted to make sure that things would be okay.

Vanessa paused from rubbing mango body butter over her bump to help her with the stretch marks; she looked at Fernando knowing that he was worried.

“My padre could choose to make her a viscountess or a marquess,” Vanessa said gently, she watched Fernando and she knew that they were the only couple of options that they had; it wasn’t up to them but they were sure that George would grant the titles when the time was right.

Fernando nodded his head, he was sure that the titles would be fine and he knew that he himself wouldn’t know until the morning of their wedding.

Vanessa nibbled on her lip, she watched him knowing that it would be a long wait for him to find out what they would be titled; the baby would inherit the title when they were granted it.

“And us…” Fernando asked sitting down next to Vanessa and rubbed her stomach, he had no idea what they would be and he was curious about it.

Vanessa smiled at her fiancé, she kissed him softly wishing that they had more time like this; she felt huge and she knew that soon she wouldn’t be able to hug him properly.

“I don’t know but we could be made Duke and Duchess…” Vanessa said, she was sworn to secrecy about the titles that she discussed with her father; she wasn’t allowed to talk about it with anyone.

Fernando nodded his head, he was sure that George had an idea of what he would title the couple when the time was right; they still had a lot of time before the wedding.

“Do you want me to do your feet?” Fernando asked peeking down at them, they were a little swollen and he knew that it wasn’t easy for her; Vanessa couldn’t reach her feet anymore and he felt for her.

Vanessa nodded her head with a smile on her face, they wouldn’t have much of a wait now until the baby was born and then they had the wedding coming up.

Fernando picked up some lotion to do Vanessa’s feet, he hoped that they would have some peace and quiet until the baby was due; he didn’t want anything stressing Vanessa out.

###

Author's Note:

So we have the final three names, which is your favourite?

Noah William Torres Bellcroft

Joshua William Torres Bellcroft

Bojan William Torres Bellcroft