Part Two - Chapter Twelve: Breaking News

Vanessa smiled balancing Bojan on her hip, she whispered softly to her little boy before peeking over at Fernando who was with Nora; she was relieved that they had something planned for the children and she knew that it was good for them.

They were coming to the end of their royal visit in Australia and a trip to Sea Life Sydney Aquarium had been in order, Vanessa knew that it would be good for publicity as well as something that the children could enjoy.

Bojan squeaked and clapped his hands as Vanessa carried him, she was a little nervous about putting him down in case Bojan toddled off; she was very aware that they were being watched and didn't want to lose her son.

"Look what's this," Vanessa cooed softly to Bojan, she shifted the weight of the ten month old; he was getting bigger every day and she couldn't believe that his first birthday was fast approaching.

Bojan babbled happily, he was expected to say his first word any time now and his parents were sure that it would happen within the next few days; Vanessa kissed the top of his head and continued to whisper to him about the fish.

Fernando looked over at his wife, he was sure that they would be expecting their second child before the year was out; he didn't want too much of an age gap between Nora, Bojan and the new baby.

Fernando followed after Nora, his eldest was easily excited and she had been so well behaved on this trip even with everything that had been happening; the nanny had reported about how well the children were doing when their parents had been stuck at important dinners.

Vanessa peeked over her shoulder to where Jorge stood, she wasn't surprised that he was watching over her family; he took their security personally and he wasn't going to back down and let someone else do it.

Vanessa turned her attention back to Bojan, she had no idea what his future was going to be like but she wanted to keep things as normal as possible; she wanted her son to experience everything that she had growing up.

"Mama," Bojan babbled with a smile, he stared at his mother as she stopped and looked at him not sure if she had heard him right; she wondered for a moment if she had been hearing things.

Fernando looked over at his wife when he saw that she had stopped, he frowned a little before checking on Nora who was watching the octopus.

"Nessa," Fernando murmured approaching his wife, he was trying to keep things calm since he didn't want anyone to notice that anything was wrong.

Vanessa looked at Fernando and blinked, she stared at her husband for a moment before shaking her head; she didn't want him freaking out when there was nothing wrong.

"Mama," Bojan repeated making his father stare at him, it seemed unreal to both of his parents that their little boy was talking now; they hadn't been expecting it for another couple of days.

Fernando grinned moving to lift his son out of Vanessa's hands, he was so happy that Bojan had said his first word; he hadn't been expecting this so soon but he couldn't have been happier.

Vanessa smiled crossing her arms watching Fernando whisper excitedly to Bojan, they were going to be hearing a lot more from their little boy and it was only a matter of time before he learnt more words.

"That's my boy," Fernando murmured holding Bojan close while Vanessa smiled at him before walking over to join Nora, he grinned kissing the top of his son's head; he loved moments like this and there were certainly more that were going to come.

Bojan was a growing boy and Fernando couldn't wait to see what he would do next.

***

Settling Bojan down for his nap, Vanessa pressed a kiss to the top of his head before she walked back into the main room; she sighed in relief closing the door behind her and knowing that they'd had a long day.

Fernando was curled up on the couch with a book while Nora was in her room watching a film, it was a good way for the family to relax after the day at the Aquarium.

"Today was nice," Vanessa murmured moving to sit down, she slipped off her shoes and looked at Fernando; she was tired and hoped that there was nothing that was going to need her attention for a while.

Fernando nodded his head with a smile, he focused back on his book when Anoushka and Cameron burst into the room making the royal couple groan; they hadn't seen their assistants all day since they had been busy.

"What's going on?" Vanessa asked spotting the look on Anoushka's face, they had been friends for years and she knew that if her assistant looked that worried then it was for a good reason.

Fernando closed his book, he could only imagine why they were being bothered right now and he hoped that everything was alright; the last thing that they needed was for bad news to be broken.

Vanessa had lost her father only four months ago and Fernando dreaded to think about another royal death, they were just dealing with George's and things were finally going well.

"You have to see this... it's about Joseph," Cameron said while Anoushka found the right channel on the television, he had no idea how this had happened but they had spent all morning trying to find out what was going on.

Vanessa sat up and looked concerned, she worried for her younger brother since he had been pushing her away and now this; she had no idea what was going to happen.

Fernando moved to sit next to his wife while Anoushka found the right channel, they all stared at the screen as a reporter talked about the picture that was the cause of all the drama.

"Prince Joseph of Andorra was caught in quite an interesting position yesterday," the reporter started making Vanessa stare shocked, her hazel eyes focusing on the picture that was on the screen.

Fernando took his wife's hand, he wished that Joseph would have said something about this before the press had gotten a hold of it; he could only imagine how long they would go on about this for.

"Prince Joseph was seen getting quite close with a male companion while on a night out with friends and supposed girlfriend, Lady Grace Millbrook," the reporter continued as several other pictures were shown, they seemed to be all taken with minutes of each other and Vanessa felt disgusted that the paparazzi had done this.

Vanessa didn't care who her brother loved, it shouldn't matter to anyone who he liked; it was his own private business and she knew that it wouldn't change anything.

"The man has been identified as Ethan Gomez, a close friend of Prince Joseph's," the reporter continued, the pictures left nothing to the imagination and it was very clear that the two men were kissing.

Vanessa took a deep breath moving to turn the television off, she would have to speak with the palace about making some sort of announcement; it would be expected especially after how the news had broken and those terrible pictures.

The only thing that Vanessa wished was that her brother had been up front about this, she hated that he hadn't felt like he could talk to her.

"We need to get back to Andorra," Vanessa murmured making Fernando nod his head, he got to his feet knowing that she would want to speak to her brother in person.

Vanessa ran her fingers through her hair, a plan forming in her mind about what to do next.