Part One - Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Name Revealed

Fernando fussed over his newborn son, he couldn’t believe that it had been a few hours since the baby had been born and he was glad that he was here.

Vanessa was sleeping soundly in her hospital bed, she deserved a rest after pushing their 8Ib 4oz baby boy into the world; she had worked so hard and Fernando was so proud.

A quiet knock at the door made Fernando turn to look at his mother as she walked into the room with Nora; the little girl had been so excited when she had found out that Vanessa had given birth.

It had been a long day and Nora had been kept busy by her grandparents until it was time to go and see her new baby brother.

Flori smiled, she had wanted to give the couple some time alone with their newborn; she knew they’d have an influx of visitors soon and they would all want to see the baby.

“Is that him?” Nora asked quietly moving towards her father who was holding a small blue bundle in his arms; she peeked up curiously making Fernando smile, he nodded his head slowly.

Flori quietly left the two alone, she was sure that she would have a chance soon to meet her new grandson but she wanted to make sure that her camera was charged.

“Would you like to hold him?” Fernando asked peeking at Vanessa, he didn’t wish to wake her since she deserved a rest and he was sure that no one would mind that she was taking a nap.

Nora nodded her head rapidly with a smile on her face, she watched curiously as her father slowly lowered her baby brother into her arms; her brown eyes filled with curious wonder.

Nora stared down at the small bundle in her arms, she blinked curiously as Fernando watched her knowing that this was the first time that she had done anything like this.

Nora squeaked as her baby brother looked up at her with big blue eyes, they wouldn’t stay that colour and Fernando was curious about how they would turn out.

“He’s looking at me,” Nora whispered in awe while she stared at the newborn, Fernando smiled looking down at the two; he couldn’t resist getting the camera and snapping a picture.

Vanessa stirred a little in her sleep, she blinked a little and ran her fingers through her hair; she sat up slowly as Fernando moved to kiss her.

“What’s his name?” Nora asked curiously looking at her father and Vanessa, she hadn’t been told his name yet and she couldn’t refer to him as her baby brother all the time.

Vanessa and Fernando looked at one another with secretive smiles, it was only fair that Nora was one of the first to know what her baby brother was going to be called.

***

“It’s a lovely name,” José said fussing over his grandchild, he was surprised with the name that the couple had chosen; he looked at the couple glad that he had come with his wife and granddaughter.

The paparazzi were still sat outside of the hospital and had blasted them with questions about the baby; everyone was dying to know what the newborn was called and it wouldn’t be announced until tomorrow.

“Bojan Joshua William Torres Bellcroft,” Flori mused testing the name again, it was a mouthful but she wasn’t surprised; the couple had been pretty torn over what to call their son and they had been torn between the two names.

Fernando yawned a little, he hadn’t had a moment to relax and he was doing his best to hide how tired he was; Vanessa had suggested that he go home and rest but he had refused.

“I like it,” Nora said peeking at her baby brother, she loved the name Bojan and she couldn’t wait for him to come home; he would love his bedroom and she couldn’t wait to play with him.

Vanessa smiled, she had a feeling that this was the first of many visitors coming to see them and the baby; she looked at Fernando wishing that he would go home and rest for a while.

“Has the doctor said when you can come home?” Flori asked knowing that it had been a long day for the couple, she doubted that Fernando would want to leave Vanessa alone; he wanted to be there to support her in every way.

“Tomorrow,” Vanessa said knowing that she didn’t mind, she wanted some time to recuperate and it would be a busy day tomorrow when she left the hospital.

Fernando nodded his head, he would be staying in hospital with her and Bojan; he wanted to make sure that the two of them were okay.

***

Elizabeth fussed over her first great grandchild, she was in awe at how cute he was and he looked a little like his father; she smiled knowing that he’d had the best start to life and she hoped that he would be prepared for what was too come.

“He’s perfect,” Elizabeth said pleased with how well Vanessa had done, it wasn’t easy and she still had a lot to learn about being a royal mother.

Elizabeth was sure that Vanessa would do so much better than her own mother had, she would make sure that her son was prepared for the royal life that he would live and his future role as king.

George nodded his head in agreement, he knew that this wasn’t going to be easy and he hoped that the next few weeks would allow the couple to prepare for their wedding.

They would be extra busy with the newborn and with only little details for their wedding remaining, George was sure that there would be no issues for them.

“He has a wonderful name… I don’t think we’ve had a Bojan in the family before,” Elizabeth mused, she knew most of the family names and she couldn’t think of a Bojan; she looked over at Vanessa who nodded her head thoughtfully.

Fernando wrapped his arms around his fiancée, it was one of the reasons that they had chosen to name their son Bojan; they couldn’t think of any of their relatives who shared the name.

“Have you thought about when you would like the christening?” Elizabeth asked knowing that it was another royal celebrations, there would be so many of them this year and she was sure that more good news was too come.

“September,” Vanessa said wanting to enjoy the summer a little, she didn’t want to pack everything together in a few months; she wanted some time to relax after marrying Fernando.

George smiled, he was glad that she wouldn’t be rushing things and at five months old would be the perfect time for Bojan to be christened; he had a feeling that there would be a lot of time for everything else.

“There’s a rumour that your madre might come and visit,” George said knowing that there was little that he could do to keep Maria away; she wanted to meet her grandson and she had been hovering for months.

Vanessa sighed, she knew that her mother just wanted to get her name back in the papers; she doubted that Maria actually cared about her or the baby.

Fernando stiffened, he didn’t want the woman anywhere near his fiancée and son; he gritted his teeth knowing that she would be nothing but trouble.

“Let’s hope it is just a rumour,” Elizabeth said not wanting to ruin this special day with thoughts of the past, she would never forgive or forget what Maria had done.

The woman had tossed everything away for a man that she’d had an affair with, she had to live with that now since there was no coming back from what she had done. 

###

Author's Note:

What do you think of the name?

HRH Prince Bojan Joshua William Torres Bellcroft of Andorra?