Part One - Chapter Twenty: Nora Comes to Stay

Olalla took a deep breath as she walked through Andorra international airport, it hadn’t been an easy decision to make but after two weeks of barely being able to do anything because of the paparazzi, Olalla had finally agreed with Fernando.

It had been a hard decision for Olalla, she didn’t want to let her little girl go but she and Aaron couldn’t afford a private security firm and Aaron refused to let Fernando pay for it.

“Mama,” Nora said looking up at her mother, she knew that Olalla had fought with Aaron a lot recently and she hoped that it wasn’t her fault.

Olalla took a deep breath and smiled down at Nora, she hated to fight with Aaron in front of her daughter; he was being a jackass and she wished he wouldn’t continue to speak out against Fernando and Vanessa when they hadn’t done anything wrong.

“It’ll be okay,” Olalla said taking her daughter’s hand, she had shipped most of Nora’s things across so that she didn’t have to travel with much; she wanted her daughter to be comfortable and she knew that this was the only way.

Nora stuck close to her mother until she spotted her father waiting for them, she squeaked in excitement since she hadn’t known that she was being brought to see him.

Olalla smiled weakly as Nora pulled away from her and rushed to see her father, she watched as Fernando pulled Nora into his arms and cuddled her close; it hadn’t been an easy two months since Fernando had moved but it would get better.

“I missed you so much,” Fernando whispered holding Nora close, he peeked at Olalla knowing that he would do anything to make this easier on her; she would see Nora whenever she wished.

Nora cuddled into her father, she was so happy to see him and she knew he would be able to keep the bad people away from her; she didn’t know that she was going to be living with him from now on.

“How long are you staying?” Fernando asked knowing that this wasn’t easy for Olalla, he wished that there was more that he could do but the paparazzi weren’t going to back off and in a week things would only get worse.

Nora looked at her mother, she didn’t want to go back to England since her father wouldn’t be with them; she didn’t feel safe and Aaron was starting to scare her.

“I have the next flight back,” Olalla said softly, she didn’t want to hang about since it would only make this harder; she wanted to leave before Aaron had realised that she had gone against his wishes.

Fernando nodded his head, he knew that Olalla couldn’t stay long and he was just thankful that she had come to hand Nora over; the little girl looked at her parents confused about what was going on.

“I’m staying here?” Nora asked realising that her mother hadn’t mentioned her, she frowned a little wondering what this meant; she clung to her father as he held her close knowing that this couldn’t be good.

Olalla nodded her head and sniffled, she was doing what was best for Nora and she hoped that she had made the right decision; Fernando would be able to look after her better than she would.

***

“Nessa,” Nora squealed running to greet the brunette after Fernando had opened the front door, she was excited to see her new home and it had been explained to her what would happen now.

Nora would stay with Fernando and Vanessa during the school term while traveling to see Olalla and Aaron on the school holidays; it was a change around of what had been in place before.

Vanessa smiled moving to greet the little girl, she was seventeen weeks pregnant and the bump was very noticeable now; she was a little nervous about the announcement next week.

“It’s good to see you again Nora,” Vanessa greeted hugging the little girl, she peeked at Fernando who smiled at the sight of his two girls; she knew how happy he was to have Nora staying with them.

Nora pulled back and smiled up at Vanessa, she was excited to see what her again and she couldn’t believe that she got to live in a manor.

“I’m here to stay,” Nora announced sweetly, she was so excited to explore and she had a week before she started her new school; Fernando had told her all about the new house and how things would change now that she was living with him and Vanessa.

Vanessa laughed softly and nodded her head, she brushed some hair from her face and allowed Fernando to wrap an arm around her; she peeked at him knowing that he was so happy right now.

“Would you like to see your new bedroom?” Fernando asked smiling at Nora, he had spent a lot of time on the room when they had moved; he had worked hard on it and he hoped that she liked it.

Nora nodded her head eagerly, she took her father’s hand and allowed him to lead her out of the living room area down a corridor on the left; her bedroom was the last on the left.

Fernando stopped outside of the room and nudged Nora forward so that she could open the door; he peeked at Vanessa knowing that this made everything better.

Nora slowly opened the bedroom door to reveal her pink bedroom, she squealed in excitement before she hurried inside; she had her own wardrobe and bathroom and it was bigger than the bedroom that she had back at her mother’s house.

“Do you like it?” Vanessa asked leaning against the doorframe as she watched the little girl admired the room, she hoped that Nora did since Fernando had done most of the work himself.

Nora nodded her head with a big smile on her face, she loved her new room and she couldn’t believe that she had a room like this all to herself; she hoped she wouldn’t have to share it with the new baby.

***

“My padre wants to meet Nora,” Vanessa said coming off the phone, she looked over at Fernando as he lounged around in the living room; she moved to sit down to next to him since Nora was playing in her bedroom.

Fernando looked at Vanessa and nodded his head, he wasn’t surprised that George wished to meet his daughter; it was only to be expected since Nora would be related to the king via marriage.

“When?” Fernando asked wanting a couple of days to get Nora settled in her new home before they did anything big, he didn’t want to overpower her with his new life.

Vanessa brushed her fingers through his hair, she looked at Fernando knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy; her father was curious but his schedule would keep him from coming to the house.

“Before the announcement next week,” Vanessa said leaning against Fernando, they had talked about the announcement and it would be done differently to their engagement one; she looked at him as he took a deep breath.

Fernando nodded his head and rested his head against hers, he was nervous about the reveal but excited that he would no longer have to keep the fact that Vanessa was pregnant.

“It’ll be okay,” Fernando whispered pressing a kiss to the top of her head, the palace would handle the official announcement while the couple would have their first official picture released.