Part Two - Chapter Nineteen: The Coronation

Vanessa took a deep breath as she stared at herself in the mirror, she couldn't believe that the day had arrived for her coronation; it was going to happen and she knew that it was all going to be okay. 

Vanessa stepped away from the mirror, her dusty yellow off-the-shoulder appliques floor-length dress moving lightly as she tried to calm her nerves; she hadn't seen Fernando all morning and it was going to be a long day. 

Fernando was with the children, he had promised that he would come and see her that morning but she had been kept busy with all the preparations for the coronation. 

Vanessa's hand shook, she was going to officially become the Queen of Andorra and she knew that it was going to take some getting used to; she had never thought that this day would come so quickly. 

"Are you ready?" Anoushka asked smiling at Vanessa as she stepped into the room, everyone was waiting and there was no putting this off anymore; it was time for Vanessa to become the official Queen of Andorra. 

Vanessa nodded her head, she peeked back at herself in the mirror and she knew that there was no going back now; she had no idea what she was going to do and she had no idea what was waiting for her downstairs in the main ballroom. 

Anoushka stepped out of the room to give Vanessa a moment more, she knew how scary this much be; more people would be watching her get crowned as Queen than had tuned in to watch her marry Fernando. 

Vanessa took one last look at herself in the mirror, she knew that her father would be proud of her and she hoped that he wouldn't agree with her grandmother; she was ready to be Queen and she knew that Fernando would help her along the way. 

Vanessa walked out of the room, she held her head up high as she stepped into the corridor; it reminded her of the first ball that she had attended when she was eighteen when she had come out as the Crown Princess of Andorra and now she did the same to become Queen.

***

Fernando took a deep breath as he sat up front, he had Nora with him while Bojan was being cared for by the nanny; he had no idea how everyone was being so calm, he could only imagine how nervous Vanessa was. 

Fernando smiled as the music started up and he turned to watch his wife walk down the aisle, she looked so beautiful and he knew that she could do this. 

Vanessa walked gracefully up the aisle her eyes focused on the throne that sat in the centre of the room; she couldn't believe that this was actually happening, she walked past Fernando and she knew it would all be okay. 

The couple still hadn't really announced that they were expecting their second child, Vanessa was nine weeks pregnant and they wanted to wait a little longer. 

The Archbishop of Andorra smiled as Vanessa walked towards him, she was going to be a great Queen and he had no doubts that the country would be great under her royal. 

Vanessa sat down on the throne and looked out, she tried to ignore the wave of nausea that swept through her; she was so nervous that she would mess this up. 

Fernando offered her a reassuring smile, he ignored the Archbishop of Andorra's opening speech while he watched his wife; she was doing just fine and he didn't care what anyone else had to think. 

Vanessa was going to dedicate her entire life to making the country a better place, Fernando had no doubt that she would do her best for them all. 

The Archbishop of Andorra handed Vanessa the sceptre and the orb, she sat still with her back straight as she tried not to show how nervous she was about all of this.

Elizabeth sat near the back of the room as she watched her granddaughter, she was a little disappointed that Vanessa was going through with this; she had hoped that she would listen to what she had said. 

"Do you solemnly promise to and swear to govern the people of Andorra according to the statutes of parliament that have agreed on and the respective laws and customs of the same?" the Archbishop of Andorra asked picking up the crown that had belonged to every member of the Bellcroft family since they had become the royal family. 

Vanessa didn't say anything, this part had been practised so much and she knew that she just had to keep looking forward; she stared at a spot at the back of the room with a serious look on her face. 

"Will you in your power cause law and justice and mercy to be executed in all judgements?" the Archbishop of Andorra asked carefully placing the crown on Vanessa's head, he stepped back when it was in place and smiled at the new Queen. 

Vanessa took a deep breath before she turned to look at him, she knew that this was it and she was officially the Queen of Andorra; she couldn't believe that it had actually happened. 

"I solemnly promise to do so," Vanessa said smiling at the Archbishop of Andorra, she slowly got to her feet as the national anthem started to play; she shared a smile with Fernando as she slowly made her way down the steps and walked towards the doors. 

Everyone sang along with the national anthem, they watched as their new Queen took her first steps in the role; they all were sure that she would be with them for a very long time. 

Reaching the end of the aisle, Vanessa stopped walking as the palace crier banged his ceremonial stick; she smiled as she prepared for what came next, she felt like this was all a dream. 

"Presenting Her Majesty, Vanessa Sophia Olivia Bellcroft, Queen of Andorra," the palace crier shouted before the doors were opened and Vanessa was allowed to step out for the first time as the Queen of Andorra.

***

"Mama," Bojan babbled excited as he was finally allowed to go to her, it had been a long day and Vanessa had been kept busy; he toddled over to her as Fernando followed slowly after their son. 

Vanessa smiled moving to pick her son up, she cuddled him close and kissed his cheek; she was so happy that it was all nearly over, she was exhausted and she wanted to go home and relax. 

"Have you been a good boy?" Vanessa cooed softly, she peeked at Fernando as she fussed over their son; she could see Nora off running around with the other children in the gardens. 

Fernando smiled knowing that everything had gone perfectly, he couldn't imagine how hard today had been for her and he hoped that things would come down now; they had been through enough recently. 

"No," Bojan said smiling up at his mother, he had thrown a little fuss after the ceremony since it had been time for his nap but the nanny had kept him busy.

Vanessa smiled and kissed his cheek again, she could only imagine what sort of mischief that Bojan would get into if someone wasn't around to watch him. 

"You look beautiful," Fernando said stepping forward to kiss Vanessa, she was still his wife and that wasn't going to change now that she had been crowned Queen. 

Vanessa smiled allowing Fernando to hold her close, she had no idea what she would ever do without him and she hoped that she never had to find out; she loved him so much and they had a wonderful family together.