Part One - Chapter Thirty: Taking Bojan Home

Maria’s heels clicked along the hospital floor as she walked towards Vanessa’s hospital room, she had ignored her husband’s advice to stay away; she wanted to see her grandson that the country was celebrating.

Maria was upset that Vanessa hadn’t brought Fernando to meet her and she had waited months for something to happen; if Vanessa wouldn’t come to her then she would go to her.

It hadn’t taken much for Maria to find out which room Vanessa was in, she was the brunette’s mother and a nurse at the reception desk had been happy to help.

Maria took a deep breath as she stopped outside of the room, she wasn’t going to expect a warm welcome from her eldest child; Vanessa had made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with her mother but Maria hoped that becoming a mother herself would change her mind.

Maria knocked on the door before she stepped inside, her hand holding onto the handle as she peeked around the quiet hospital room; she paused at the sight of Vanessa breastfeeding her son.

“I thought you were running home… I’ll be fine for an hour,” Vanessa said thinking that it was Fernando at the door, she looked up from what she was doing and frowned spotting that it wasn’t her fiancé.

Maria offered up a weak smile, she watched Vanessa cover herself and the baby; she had a feeling just how this would end and she hoped to state her case.

“You look good,” Maria whispered walking further into the room, she knew that Vanessa hated her for what she had done and she wished her daughter would get over it and stop holding the past against her.

Vanessa eyed her mother, she had no idea how Maria had known what room she was in but it was a complete breach in security that wouldn’t be taken lightly.

“What did you call him?” Maria asked softly, she was so curious about her grandson and she hoped that Vanessa wouldn’t send her away; she wanted to put the past behind them and start a fresh.

Vanessa stared at her mother, she didn’t trust Maria for a moment and she certainly wasn’t going to pretend that this was all okay; she would never forgive and forget what her mother had done.

Maria sighed when Vanessa didn’t respond, she knew that there was a lot of damage done after she had walked out on her family; none of her children spoke to her and she wished to change that.

“I know what I did hurt you… but can’t we put the past behind us?” Maria begged, she didn’t want to miss out on anything and she knew already that she wasn’t invited to Vanessa’s wedding to Fernando.

The invites had gone out back in January and Maria had been devastated to hear that she wasn’t going to get to watch her daughter get married in the church.

Vanessa looked down at her son, she knew that her mother didn’t really care about any of this; she was only worried about how bad it would make her look if she wasn’t involved.

Vanessa wasn’t going to fall into this trap again, she had done this all before when Vanessa had been sixteen and had been made Crown Princess; Maria was just out for herself and making herself look good.

***

Fernando eyed his fiancée as she got dressed to leave, she had been quiet since he had gotten back and he knew that she was a little upset about her mother’s visit.

Fernando hadn’t seen Maria but he had heard from one of the nurses that Vanessa’s mother had paid them a visit.

“Are you okay?” Fernando asked softly as he finished dressing Bojan in his navy quilted baby onesie, he had never met Maria but he had done his research about the woman; enough to know that he didn’t like her.

Vanessa nodded her head, she was sure that she would be able to put this behind her and she wasn’t going to let her mother bring her down; she had everything to be happy about right now.

Fernando watched his fiancée, she was dressed in a yellow 3/4 sleeve top and dark wash skinny jeans paired with navy buckle strap block heel boots; she looked beautiful and he was glad that she had opted to wear something comfortable to go home in.

“I’ll be glad to get home,” Vanessa mused knowing that she was slightly on edge with all of the security around, she wanted to relax with her newborn before anything else came up.

Fernando nodded his head, he wasn’t going to push the conversation and would wait until she spoke to him about what had happened with her mother.

***

Fernando wrapped an arm around Vanessa as they slowly made their way towards the front of the hospital; Bojan was swaddled in his blue fleece blanket for the trip home from the hospital.

“Are you ready?” Fernando asked softly, he was a little nervous about leaving the hospital with Vanessa but it reminded him of when he had left the hospital after Nora had been born; the paparazzi had done the same back then.

Jorge hovered back from the couple, he was their head of security and wasn’t going to be letting the family out of sight; there had already been one breach in security today and there wouldn’t be a second one on his watch.

The couple slowly stepped out of the hospital to be greeted by the press, everyone wanted a picture of the family and to see the newborn prince; the name had been announced that morning and everyone was pleasantly surprised.

Fernando and Vanessa paused for a couple of minutes for pictures before making their way to the car; they didn’t want to spend all day dealing with the press.

Bojan whimpered a little at the loud calls and noises, he cuddled further into his mother’s arms while Jorge moved ahead to make sure that there were no issues about getting the royals home.

Fernando peeked back at the crowds, he had a feeling that this was only the beginning and he hoped that they wouldn’t be this crazy when he married Vanessa.

“Let’s go home,” Vanessa whispered with a smile, she wanted to get out of here and she knew that they had an excited Nora wanting to see her baby brother again.

Fernando nodded his head, he helped Vanessa into the car and he hoped that they would be okay when they got home; they had a tiny person to look after now and he needed them to look after him.

Vanessa looked down at Bojan, she smiled wondering what he would be like when he grew up; he was her heir and would one day be king but that wasn’t what Vanessa saw.

The brunette pressed a kiss to the top of Bojan’s head as Fernando climbed in beside her, Jorge climbed into the front so that he could drive the couple home; it was a long trip home for the couple.

Fernando wrapped an arm around Vanessa, he was sure the next two months would fly by and their wedding would arrive before they knew it; there was still some things that needed doing.

“I can’t wait to get home,” Vanessa whispered still looking at Bojan, she had no idea how she had helped make something so perfect and he was always going to be her little boy.

Fernando nodded his head, he was sure that they would enjoy their small break away from the world; they weren’t due to do anything for at least a week and he was glad that they had some time alone with Bojan without having to worry about anyone else.

###

Author's Note: 

Current List of the Andorran Royal Family with Titles.

HRH Queen Mother

HM King George

HRH Crown Princess Vanessa of Andorra

- HRH Prince Bojan of Andorra

HRH Princess Charlotte of Andorra

HRH Prince Joseph of Andorra

HRH Margaret, The Duchess of Sol

HRH Andrew, The Duke of Sol

Stefan Delmore, The Earl of Pal

Maria Delmore, The Countess of Pal