Chapter 66: Drinks

Start from the beginning

"Shut the fuck up about them, never mention my family in this house and as for Tessa she deserved what she got" I explained remembering everything as if it were yesterday.

"Zack I'm sorry-" she stated but I cut her off.

"I'm sorry babe for snapping at you I promise I'm not mad, I just need to get some air, stay here don't leave the building" I ordered.

I grabbed my phone then walked out the house. I decided to take a walk, it was a long walk to town because the house was isolated. I began thinking back.

Tessa was the greatest love I ever had. She made me feel loved, something I never got from my own family. Ah my family, the hell I had to go through.

I was always the burden in my family, I lived with both my parents and my elder brother, I could never live up to the expectation of my family since I was weak in their eyes, I was always sick and had to be rushed to the hospital for treatments. That coasted a fortunate. I had tumor that was slowly growing. The medicine only helped with the pain.

Because of that my parents made me work at a very tender age, I used to beg people for money, I did all kinds of jobs just so I could earn enough money for my medicines but when I got home, my mother always got the money from me, I barely ate for weeks.

My condition was stable for a while, I had managed to secretly to raise enough money and went to the hospital for my operation,I was 13 years old by then so they couldn't allow me to do the operations without my parents concent.

I begged them, I practically begged them to go with me to the hospital,my brother was also sick that time,it wasn't that serious but my parents chose him over me, they took what I earned for my operations and used it for their favorite son, leaving me to die a slowly and painful death.

I had enough of it, one day when I got back from a long day of moving about looking for a job I found my useless brother used my money to drink, we got into a fight one thing led to another and I ended up stabing him with a knife.

I was sent to juvenile Court and was sent to the mental asylum where I met Hunter, the plan was to kill Me but he couldn't. Have got beat up pretty badly for that.

I met Hunter's mother when she came by hysterically looking for her son. She was really sweet and nice to everyone, when ever she dropped by if she wasn't crying she would chat with me and bring me food and gifts, she became like a mother to me.

When they killed her, I was also hurt  by her death. I was put in Hunter's cell again so he could kill me finally. The Hunter I had seen in that cell was a sight I never wanted to see ever again in my life. He was void of all emotions, he didn't even mourn his mothers death, all he did was talk to himself.

I don't know how but I managed to help him out of his depression and we made a plan to escape. When we succeed and I got shot by that bitch Kira Hunter did the impossible just to help me. He sold himself to the Mafia just so I could have the money to treat my tumor.

He did something nor even my family could have ever done for me that was why I decided to stay with Hunter. I felt accepted when I was with him he understood me,he listened, he became a brother to me. He was the only family I had well because shortly after sending me to asylum they were killed, someone actually beat me to it.

Every time I thought back on my past,especially about what I had to go through because of my parents and Tessa I got really depressed, Hunter always made sure to keep those memories in the past by making me focus on something more important.
_______

"Another shot" I ordered.

"Hey handsome you've been drinking a little to much" a woman said besides me.