Chapter 11: Bloody Mother

''Cato' I say hiding my knife behind my back. 'Clove I'm so so so sorry, please forgive me Clove' he begs. 'i don't know all I did was tell you' That's when he notices the bruise on my face. "CLOVE I did that? Oh my God I'm so sorry I really am, It's just I hate lies and since I only know you about 9 months and I knew them since I was 5, i'm sorry' 'Whatever Cato' i growl. I'm just about to slam when he sticks his foot out then curses loudly. "Cato, SHUT IT MY AUNT IS ASLEEP YOU KLUTZ' I yell. 'Your Aunt?' "Yes she's staying here' I reply angrily. He has a confused look on his face. I sigh. 'My Uncle got shot, so she and my cousin are staying here, she's pregnant' I spit. "Clove, I-I'm so sorry I never knew..' i don't want your pity, stay away from me.' i growl. 'I slapped you, ok I apologized but what is your problem with me?' 'You, your a dirty, filthy career, and you always will be' I spit before i shut the door. 'I'm not leaving' he yells.

'Clover who was that?' Kalen asks sweetly. I smirk, 'nobody' He rushs to the door. Shit. "hi Cato, wanna come in?' he mumbles. Then Izabelle waltzes down the stairs and grins when she sees Cato.

So here we are Izabelle, Cato and I, sitting in Maysilee's tree. Dont ask how I got persuaded to come out here. My knive hangs loosely from my belt. I spin around when i hear distant voices. Clarice and Bristle. Suprise, suprise next thing I know they are in the middle of a make-out session. Ha take that Cato. His mouth is dropped open in shock. Once they leave, Izabelle chuckles and hits Cato on the back, which causes him to fall out of the tree. he land with a loud thud, and me having this huge crush on him doesnt help, as i jump out of the tree and rush over to him. God.

'Cato are you ok?' i say as i try to help him up, but he yells in pain. 'I'm sorry' I mumble. 'No Im sorry, i should have trusted you Clove, I'm sorry, I really am forgive me?' I nod, he smiles. 'Cato i uh never ment to push you em sorry' Izabelle says extreamly quickly. I smile so does Cato. I melt as he shows his perfect white teeth.

For the next month and a half Hayzelle and Izabelle have stayed at our house. My mother has gone into yet another fit of depression. I have to hunt longer, Cato often helps. He seems to be the only thing that keeps me sane. Clarice and bristle haven't yet told us about their 'releshionship'. Cato and I are going to Bristle's house today as we have a day off, Sunday. His parents own two houses. Lucky.

'Shall we knock?' I ask gazing up at Cato. 'Nah, Its ok he says just walk in..' 'Ok'. We walk in to see that we cant find him. I check upstairs as Cato checks downstairs. I open a bedroom door and once i see them inside, half naked, kissing, on his bed. I freeze. Wasn't meant to walk in on this awkward huh? Cato then walks up the stairs and comes to my side. He goes bright red, they still havent notticed us. Cato coughs, Bristle rolls off Clarice. They both go white. 'We know about you since April, no need to explain' I tell them. Bristle looks relived. But Clarice being the sensible one jumps up, grabs her clothes and runs into the bathroom. I don't know why, she just had to put on her top and shorts. Ah what ever floats her boat.

'Um sorry ye had to see that..' Bristle says quietly. 'Me too' Cato remarks. Clarice now comes out fully clothed, still white as she was before she was dreesed. We dont mention anything else about them, we joke and laugh for the dsy until Cato and I leave, Its late real late. He hugs me goodnight and he continues his trek down the extra roads seperating us.

I walk into the kitchen and see my mother sitting on a wooden chair with a mug in her hands. 'Where were you Clove?' she asks coldly. 'Out' I reply just as coldly. 'Do you know what time it is' I sigh. 'Yes mother I'm perfectly capable of telling the time' 'Don't speak to me like that' 'Why, you show no respect for me' 'You were with that..boy again' "Yes mother I was' 'you will die if you still insist on going in, if you go in with him, he's changed you Clove, I dont like it, at all' I begin to walk away. 'Get back here you whore." I spin around, shocked at what I heard. I glare at her. Harder then I did when I was fighting with Cato. 'What did you call me?' I spit now walking over to her, we are the same height. 'You heard me, you slut, whore, you filthy career' Hate over takes me then I start. ''Me, what about you, you treat me like shit, I support the whole family, while you sit on your hole all day crying, and Ronnie and Kalen are angles, they cant be career's, you have no clue what I have to deal with every day, I might be dead in a couple of months'

SMACK!!!! The welt that was healing is now throbbing with pain. I give up, no more nice Clove. I yank the knife from my belt and jump on her. Sending crockery and cuttlery everywhere. A sharp yell escapes my mother's lips. I snicker. I slowly drag the knife down her cheek then onto her neck. Blood has erupted everywhere. 'If I get back No when I get back, I will take Ronnie and Kalen to the victors village and leave you hear to rot' I spit. 'Dont forget your boyfriend Cato' Realization hits me like a brick, I'm not coming home, I will be dead in a few months, I will never live in the victors village. Ever.

I run up stairs, I have about three months to live. I burst into my room. Izabelle's frozen body lies on my bed, Ronnie at the end. I sit on the windowsill, gazing out the wondow, playing with my knife. I must push everyone away before i die so they wont be hurt. I must tell Cato to look after my family when I'm gone. I must tell Cato I love him. I must. But how can I? He will never talk to me again, ever. I sigh. I slide out the window and make my way to the training centre, knife in hand. My hair is still tied in a sleek ponytail. One thing I know is i will miss District 2 when I'm gone, in three months.

A/N sorry im so so so so so sorry, i couldnt upload gets very interesting very soon, i love ye all vote and fan me, and also commant as i dont know what ye think of the story