Chapter 22: The Interviews and Survival of the Fittest

For whatever reason, I belive him. I stay watching the night sky for about another half an hour,thinking, about my father paticulary. So Brutus' girlfriend caused Maysilees death.

Maysilee was amazing, she was so protective of me, she would ht any boy that came near me. She was 5 months older then me, she started career training when I did, we were nine. And I bet anything, if she was still hear today, Cato and Bristle may have life threating injuries. But I loved her all the same.

*****************

I scramble to the bathroom and rid myself from the nightdress, as its stuck to my body ove r the heat. I slip into a white string top and hot pink bed shorts. The only color pink I like. I crawl back to bed and sit on the edge. Tomorrow we go in, as today is the interviews.

I look at the clock and I realize its 3am. It will be survival of the fittest out there. Only the fittest survive, and Cato and I are one of them. Along with Rayna and Marvel, maybe Thresh.

What happens if Rayna, Marvel, Cato an I are the final 4? I can't kill them, but Cato could. He wouldn't think twice.

''Clo?" Cato croaks. Clo? He's never called me that, well it is two letters shorter and what the heck I like it. ''Whats wrong baby girl?" He coos. I shake my head. ''Nothing, did you know about Brutus?" ''He told me today'' I nod.

He sits up and crawls behind me, he begins to massage my shoulders and back. ''What are you thinking about?" ''My mother, my scar'' ''What did she do that to you?" He asks still massaging.

I manage a nod. ''Baby girl, why didn't you tell me?" I shrug. He sighs and pulls me into a back hug. My back is pressed to his chest with my legs crossed. He kisses my left temple and I gently fall to sleep.

*************************

Waking in the morning, next to- well on top of Cato, was perfect. We are 'free' until 12pm. Well were not free, as we can't leave this floor.

''Morning my beautiful baby girl'' I giggle. What, me giggle? ''Morning, we slept out breakfast'' I state. ''Ah, who cares? I have you anyway'' he says seductivly. He kisses me on the lips a few times and I kiss back, our lips move in sync.

We both pull away breathless. ''Its weird, we were just bestfriends last week, now look at us'' I say. He nods and continues to kiss me, and I kiss back.

***********************

''Hey Clo, can I use your shower?" Cato asks me around half ten. 'I was just gonna hop in'' I reply to him and then fiddle with my bracelet and ring he fot me. ''Oh go on then, I'll go after you'' I smile and walk to the toilet.

''Hey Clo, about last night, how did your mother give you that scar?" He asks. ''A glass'' I reply smoothly. ''She abuses you?" ''Yeah since March, I think'' ''im sorry I didn'tknow'' he replies sypathetically. I smile.

*********************

One shower later, I'm walking around my room, while Cato is in the shower. I'm looking for clothes and still wrapped in my fluffy white towel. I hear the shower stop.

A dry Cato with a towel around his waist walks out. Grinning like a cheishire cat. I then realize why, I'm in a towel so is he, and we are in my bedroom. I slap his chest and he turns around laughing. I drop my towel and quickly pull on a bra and underware. A black tight short criss-cross dress then goes on along with black trainers (converse)

''You can look now'' I mumble as I run my fingers through my hair. ''You look pretty, a pretty assassin'' he says after he finishes taking a good long look at me.

''Assassin?" I ask. He nods. ''How you feeling?"

''Is it wrong to say excited?" He shakes his head. ''Thats my Clover''