Chapter 8: memories hurt.... I know that

CATO'S P.O.V

I meet Clove after school and we make our way to the training centre, She rambles on about Bristle's birthday yesterday. Once we get there Zayn announced that we are doing sword training. Good we done archery for the past 2 weeks. 'Cato, will you watch Clove while she's against me and then point out her flaws..' he asks. I nod. I sit on the bench and watch Clove closely. They get into their stance and start.

Zayn obviously wants Clove to start and she does. I blank out and watch Clove carefully, she's very small compared to Zayn. Her grey eyes have a look of determination in them. Her hair is starting to fall out of the messy bun she put it in earlier. Over all she is very pretty, hot even I suppose, I honestly wish we wern't going into the games together. We are after growing so close to each other since I meet her in June, its December now.

Clove's scream wakes me up, I look to see her on the floor, with a pool of her own blood on the floor, she's clutching her arm. I get up and run over to her. 'Clove what happened? are you ok? what can i do?' I rush. "You were supposed to be watching..'Zayn says. "Do I look alright?' Clove answers sarcastically. I roll my eyes. 'What actually happened here?' i ask.

'We were fighting and he slashed my arm, i moved the wrong way' she answers. I walk over to the first aid hit on the wall and pull out the bandages. 'you can go home, cause I am' Then he leaves. I sigh.

I take her arm in my hand and I wipe off the blood. She winces at the pain. The pile of blood on the floor only seems to get bigger. 'I hate blood' She says and looks the other way. 'hey its OK, its almost gone,............There I'm done, c'mon I'll bring you home' She smiles at me, its warm and I love her smile. I pick her up bridal style, and she wraps her hands around my neck.

We walk in silence until we reach her house, she opens the door and smiles at me. 'Well, are you coming in?' She asks I just nod. I step into her house, Wow I never knew that she was so poor, well i knew she was but not this poor.

'Clove why are you home so early and who is this.....boy?' Clove's mother says. "mother this is Cato, he's my training partner and my best-friend... Cato this is my mother..' 'Pleasure to meet you Ms. Rambin'she grunts.

Clove leads me upstairs, she introduces me to her brother Kalen and then she walks into her own room and slumps down onto her bed. "You can sit down you know" I nod and take a seat next to her. That's when a Girl of Twelve with blond hair, She smiles at me then gives Clove a suspicious look. "Ronnie this is Cato, my training partner and best-friend.... Cato this is my sister Ronnie...' 'hiya' I say to her she smiles at me then walks out

She lies on her bed and closes her eyes. 'You should get some rest, you lost a lot of blood..' "thank you Cato' then she hugs me I feel my cheeks heat up. She curls up on her bed and tries to sleep. I stare at her as her chest slowly rises up and down. Ok I really need to sort out what I feel about Clove. She's one of my bestfriends, She's hot, She has an amazing personality and she's funny. Ok I think I have feelings that are more then friendly...

"She cares about you, you know?' I spin my head around. 'Ronnie, i didn't know you were there..' I say even though I can feel my cheeks heat up. 'Its a pity she will die in the games..' is all Ronnie says. 'How will she die i'll be there with her the whole time..' 'Yeah that's the problem, you'll be there, she could never beat you... even after how long she has been training' She starts crying. 'Hey, hey I wont let her die, and I wont fight against her, she's my best-friend aswell, what friend would i be if I killed her, not a very good one..' She nods. 'Cato, will you take me to the forest, I must get something for dinner, I dont wanna wake Clove' 'I'll go' I say as I have nothing else to do. 'Thank you, Thank you, Thank you' I smile and walk out.

Forty minutes later, I have enough game for a week, I stroll back to Clove's house. I knock quietly. Clove answers, She looks at me then the game bag, then back to me. She smiles widely then jumps up into my arms wraps her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. 'Thank you so much you have no idea what this means to me.. thank you so much' Im in to much of a shock to say anything, but the weird thing is, it feels so right her up in my arms like this 'It's nothing, hows the arm?' I ask 'much better, i'll be training again tomorrow......Would you like to stay for dinner, as you caught it' 'Its ok' she nods thanks me again and hops down. 'See you tomorrow' 'see you tomorrow'.

As I walk away I know I have a giddy smile on my face over Clove hugging me like that. I quickly stop smiling and walk home. Zonny see's me and walks over to me. Zonny is my annoying 13 year old brother. Oh yeah he's in Ronnie's class in school. We walk in home and I ignore my parents questions and head to my room. I shut the door, wow my room is like twice the size of Cloves. I walk over to my shelf and pick up a photo frame, Its of me and Carlee oh how I miss her. She will be 24 this year and I haven't seen her since she was 16 and I was 8. Zonny was 5 the last time he saw her, i have given up all hope of ever finding her. I have never told anyone, not even Clarice or Bristle and I dont plan on telling the either.

A/N- heya lovelies, how yall doing. yeah my first Cato's pov, and it wont be the last, ok if you can guess who Carlee is and what happened to her i will dedicate a chappie to you. i will upload another chapter today or tomorrow ans I will also upload on Sunday too. I just really want to get to the games, I will take it slow then. Yes both of them survive, but the story doesn't end there it goes on and on and on, I throw my hands up in the air some time sayin aa oy baby lets go... HAHAHAHAAH. ok the song we are young by fun kinda fits this chapter. now I must love ye and leave ye