Chapter 77: Loneliness.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * * * *

13 August 3114

* * * * * * * * * * * *

The name Faye, means fairy.

As Ceaser Flickerman described on the interviews. And I agree with that. She is like a fairy.

Faye's eyes are wide as she stares into space, as if she has just realised something horrible.

I wish I knew what was wrong with her, I'd like to hug her and tell her it will be okay. I would really, I know how comforting that is.

But to tell the truth, it won't. It won't be okay. I know that from the pit of my stomach. At least one of us has to go for someone to go home.

We just don't know who.

It had been silence ever since I woke up from being stabbed. We haven't talked much since then. Of course there was the usual grunt every now and then.

I'm able to get up and walk around now, but my left hand is almost completely useless.

We're not talking because we're being cruel or ignorant, it's not because we have nothing to talk about. It's because we don't have the energy to talk.

Twenty minutes have passed away and I have just been staring at the distant Faye.

She final ooens her mouth and she clears her throat.

"I think we should go out."

"We, we are out." I explain while shifting uncomfortably.

"As in hunting." she softly suggests. I use a branch of a tree to pull myself up. I try to suppress my wince.

"Food hunting?" I ask her.

"No, tribute hunting." She corrects me, standing up herself.

I look at her oddly. She was never one to suggest to go hunting.

"Titus is the only one left, the arena is massive, we have no food. It's a recipe for destruction. Self destruction, that is."

"C'mon Clove, you and I both want this to end it one way or another. We both want to get out of here. This is the only to do it."

"Do you f-feel up to it?" I croak, immediately reaching for my water to soothe the pain in ny throat.

"Me?" she laughs whole-heartedly. "I should be asking you that. You got stabbed two days ago. Are you up for it?"

"When aren't I?" I joke while letting off a small chuckle. I pull my greasy hair to one side and tug out a knife.

I pick up my pack and sling it over my shoulder. Faye copies suite. I lick my lips as they are burning to a crisp. Water isn't even soothing it anymore.

"Let's go this way, yeah?" I manage to choke out and she replies with first a nod and then then a moan of approval.

We trek into the jungle, leaving dusty footprints behind us. We don't even know where we're going, Titus could be following us for goodness sakes!

But I decided to get Faye the benefit of the doubt, I'll let her go where she wants to go and I'll follow on behind her. And that's what we do, kind of.

Both of us walk in silence next to each other in pure silence. We're heading North-ish. Or maybe it's South? But the directions doesn't matter.

People watching at home could easily think we're being quite because we're just looking at the scenery. We're not. We're dying with starvation.