Chapter 34: The Finale.

Clove's POV

**********************

15 August 3113 (17th day in arena)

**********************

Peeta drags his bloody finger across Cato's hand, in the shape of an X. Katniss' eyes light up, she points her arrow at his hand. I feel like I'm mounted to the roof of the cornuccopia. Amost as if I can't move.

I close my eyes tightly and try my hardest to run. My legs feel weak and I feel like I'm about to cry. 'Cato's going to die. He is going to die. It's your fault. Where are you running to? Why are you running?' My conscience was well, never an optimist. To be honest my conscience kind of sounds like my Aunt Hayzelle. Calm and Collected. But a pessimist all the same.

When I hit Katniss, the wind is knocked out of me. I think she stuck out her elbow. She shoots, and the arrow misses Cato. It sores through the air, until I can't see it anymore.

Her jaw drops slightly. And that is enough to let Cato pull Peeta over further and begin punching him.

Being doubled over in pain, on top of the cornuccopia, mutts underneath you and a girl that despises you behind you, with a bow and arrow is not the best of situations I've ever been in.

Katniss pushes me and I fall onto the roof with a loud bang. She sits herself on top of me, bow in hand. She puts the string of the bow to my neck and pulls the metal hand-bit over my head.

She pulls the metal hand-bit down towards the mutts, choking me. I suddenly feel my throat being slightly sliced open. I feel the blood dribble down my neck. I grimace.

If we switched places, and I was doing this to Katniss, I'd be grinning like a fool, laughing at her pain, feeding on her screams of pain. But Katniss?

I can tell she's not enjoying my struggles. Her eyes are filled with determination and also fear? I think. Beads of sweat keep coming out of her temples.

She pushs down the metal hand-bit once again, harder this time. I begin choking, coughing, spluttering. My vision begins to black out, and memories of The Feast come back again.

My lungs crave oxygen. I think that's my biggest weak spot. My lungs are small enough, so I can't last that long without oxygen.

My heart beats faster, desperatley trying to pump blood to all my cells. I can hear my heartbeat ring through my ears.

I look for Cato, no sign. Then I feel it, a snapping at my hair and ears. The mutts. They can't reach me, but they sure are close to it.

I try to kick Katniss off, I can't, I'm too weak. I'm waiting for her to say something like 'Where's lover boy?'. But she doesn't.

Suddenly, I feel an unexplainable pain in my face, right side to be exact. I feel blood and sharp canine teeth. I yel out in pain. I thrash under her body, trying to get up. I try to roll over, try to jump up, try to kick her off, But she won't budge.

"Cato?" I try to call, its too low for him to hear.

My vision blurs once again. Katniss is now the only visable thing left. No more stars, no more mutts. Just Katniss.

I only know that my eyes are closee is whe my long eyelashed flutter against my bloody skin. I feel my head spin. And all I can think is 'why isn't Cato helping me.?'

Then Katniss' body is pulled off me. Litres of oxygen floods through me. Having oxygen go to every cell in my body never felt so good.

I keep on breathing. As quickly as I can, craving oxygen.