Part 13: Poptarts

ok its officially been 5 months since I last updated this, and its still blowing up! So enjoy a new chapter I wrote at midnight to 3am! This is going to be a 30k special, thank all of you guys so much!!

Just like normal, the newest attack was all over the news, "Visitor from New York akumatized!" "Another victim has been taken by Hawk Moth's akuma's"... that kind of stuff. It was fun throwing the newspapers into the fire with Isabelle.

After Isabelle got dropped off by ladybug, we immediately started talking about the entire thing. 

"And you're sure I didn't hurt you?" Isabelle expressed her concern again.

"yeah, I'm fine-"

"But you have a cut on your cheek!"

y/n shrugged. "It was nothing, really-"

"I PUSHED YOU OFF THE FREAKING EIFFEL TOWER!" Isa frantically pointed towards the T.V. where it showed a clip of her akumatized self standing over me as I fell down nearly 900 feet.

"you didn't push me, I choose to fall. That was my choice. I saw Ladybug and assumed that she'd catch me if I fell." I explained, hoping to calm my friend's nerves. 

Like most things I try, it didn't work.

"but what if she didn't?" Isabelle argued. "What if none of them were there? What if Chat was across town? What if Ladybug was still caught up in her normal person life? Tch, Ms.Moonshine herself didn't even show up until the second half of the fight!"

"Ms.Moonshine? She's not a werewolf, ya know..." ok, ok. I know she doesn't know that she's talking about me, but ouch. kinda insulting.

"White wolf, whatever. But the point is you could've died!" Isa finished, throwing an entire stack of newspapers with the headline "NEWEST AKUMA ATTACK CLOSEST EVER TO SUCCEEDING", which I kinda disagreed with.

I bit my lip, not really knowing what to say...so I spoke without thinking, just like a y'n would always do. "I just knew Chat would catch me. He's a cool dude, and we've talked before, so-"

Marinette chose this moment to enter our little bonfire on the roof with a plate full of croissants and cookies. "Oooo, you just knew?" She playfully smirked, placing down the platter of baked goodies on a nearby table. "Sounds like the type of thing a love-sick 15 year old like yourself would say."

"yes, as a matter of fact I did," I sauntered over to the platter, grabbed the entire thing, and took it to my chair. I ate a cookie. I also choose to ignore the 'love sick teen' part of her statement. "He's a hero, its kinda his job. You'd know about that Mari."

Marinette looked over at me, her expression kind, but had undertones of 'don't bring that up here or else I will kick you out of this house'. "Yeah, how do you think I would know?"

"easily, its like catching a maccron you dropped....except you are the clumsiest person to exist and probably couldn't catch it....love you cuz." I blurted out, knowing and preparing for the worst to come- 

such as ducking under a stack of flying newspapers, which I successfully dodged while balancing the desserts still. Isabelle leaned against the railing of our roof patio, her smile as warm as the fire that stood in front of us. "You two are such idiots. How do you even survive living together?"

"Well, you see," I started, grabbing one of the desserts Mari had brought up earlier, "Food is a very good way to start off. Keeps you alive, keeps your tummy full, keeps the mind heathy and clear."

Marinette took the platter from me and placed it back on the side table. "If there was ever an akuma that was gluttony based, you would be in deep trouble."